Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
So wait - I'm in for these as the stock halogen bulbs suck... How do they operate or switch modes, by turning on/off through the standard fog light switch to activate??? Says turn on/off fast to operate strobe mode. Not interested in that, just want white, option for yellow is cool.. Any insight in how the modes are switched??? Also, do these play well with T3 Canbus, or do I need a VAG com to switch some bits to get working properly?
You turn them on and off to switch modes, by turning the fog lights on and off.

Thanks for that link.
So you had to order the resistors to make them CanBus compliant?
That may be resolved by the resistor. If I were to get these, I would try without the resistor first unless @Touaregman33 says he needed them.
They work just fine without the resistor, on my T1 and A4, but when I put them on strobe mode I do get a error message saying that they're out. ( They're not) If I would have bought the resistor I wouldn't get the error code.

But they work perfectly without the resistor, no coding plug in and play.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Nice! - I'm guessing that these pics are live and you're in upstate NY.. Storm is coming.... ⛄
No I wish I was in upstate lol. These pics are from last year. If it was Snowing right now I'd jump out and take some more detailed photos for you guys.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
I ordered them without the resistor based on the info given in post #12. I'm just hoping I don't get a fog lamp out warning on the MFD. There's something in the back of my mind that I recall having to buy CanBus ready LED fog light bulbs due to getting the message with standard LED ones.
Worse comes to worse I can put the ones I have now back in until I get resistors.
I don't have an error while using them in my 14 A4, I am assuming they use a similar electrical system. the only time I get an error is when I turn on the strobe lights, otherwise it's good.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
So I just ordered the deAutoLED switchback fog lamps that Touaregman33 suggested in post #2. I went with these, despite seeing LASFIT has them available for less, because they offer a lifetime warranty.
I found discount code FOG15 and wound up paying $133.11, shipping was free.
I've had Zero issues with them in all the years. It's a great product.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
These look nice, the price is a little concerning though, I also wouldn't want them to burn out quickly and have to replace the whole housing.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Got a notice that my order shipped today. Looks like we'll have decent weather when they get here so I can get them installed.
It's a very quick and easy install. I do them under 5 minutes each side. Just remove the few bottom screws in the wheel liner, can squeeze your hand it.

· Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
I believe they're located in Brooklyn or Queens Ny, so you can judge from where you live on how fast you think they'll get here.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts