Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along my way, when I find products that genuinely make a difference, I advocate them to let others know. When I bought my 2013 Lux, I did not notice the swirl marks and minor scratches on the hood (I believe from cat claws) until I took a photo of it at an angle in the sunlight. I had never before used Chemical Guys products, but have heard only praise of them, so I took a chance on their Scratch and Swirl Remover. I am impressed. I probably should have made a second application before I used their Jet Seal, but will take care of that in the future. I used Chemical Guys Jet Seal on my Everest wheels six days ago and I have visibly seen no brake dust on them since. I also used the Jet Seal on my tail light lenses, headlight lenses, windshield, rear window and other glass and the water beads up perfectly.

Attachments

· Registered
279 Posts
You mentioned on the other thread you used a DA polisher, what kind of pad did you use? Did this polish work as a "1 step"? I'm interested in touching up a couple spots after this winter.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi RobL. I began with a white Hex Logic polishing pad to apply the Scratch and Swirl Remover, then finished with a black Hex Logic finishing pad to apply the Chemical Guys Jet Seal. If I had let it be after applying the Scratch and Swirl Remover, it would have looked fine, but I wanted to preserve it with the Jet Seal. Chemical Guys do sell a one step product of Scratch and Swirl Remover/Polish/Sealant and I think this works well.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that is correct, Bob. The orange pad would be useful if your paint was very dull and needed paint correction. And you are welcome! Good luck with your waxing/polishing. Please post before and after photos if you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.