Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to consider upgrading sway bars on my '13 TDI Exec. I want just a bit more sporty driving experience.

I know people have done sway bar upgrades using Porsche Cayenne or Audi Q7 part numbers. Does anyone know what part numbers have been tried?

Also I see some sway bars have a gear box on them. I'm not sure if this is to disengage the sway bar or if this adjusts the tension on them (adaptive part of the adaptive suspension that Porsche/Audi offer???)

·
Registered
485 Posts
You could go with larger diameter sway bars. Use the sport version. For larger dia than that, see Porsche but pay their prices or go with a reputable company such as Eibach.
Do a search here as somebody did do the research on part numbers and different sway bars some time ago. possible 4 or 5 years ago.
VW did come out with a sway bar disconnect option in Europe, not in NA. See below.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m interested in the dynamic sway bar like Porsche has or the disconnectable sway bar....

·
Registered
485 Posts
Did you have a chance to look at the PDF? the Porsche one works almost exactly the same as the one in the PDF
I am sure you would be able to fit a sway bar from a trashed Cayenne but not sure if the Cayenne module could talk to the Touareg CANBUS. Should be able to as the modules as it almost the same. possibly rev might be different. Wiring harness required, switch etc...
Don’t know if any mechanical disconnect bar out there

·
Registered
450 Posts
Disconnecting sway bars use the power steering pump for pressure, along with an accumulator and valving, and lots of steel/rubber hoses (accumulator and valves are in the trunk).

Dare I ask where you're taking your Touareg that you could possibly need such a thing?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not taking my Touareg anywhere that I would need them (at least I'm not planning on it). But I understand the active sway management in the Cayenne uses this system to adjust the effective stiffness of the sway bar. It would be a nice to have. Just curious if the electronic controlsystems are compatible with the Touareg, as these parts are coming up used from Cayennes.....

·
Registered
270 Posts
There's the old disengageble sway bar, and then there's the new generation's 48v electrical sway bar. One for more off roading, the one for more on road comfort and performance. For US spec (decontent) T3, just get the plain bar...

·
Registered
3,511 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
nickyt
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing