Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Sir,

Well, I own TREG 2005 2.5 TDI & my engine has come to its end :( ,

SO, any useful Suggestions from you side ? what to do to get my car back on the Road ?

Am thinking deeply to upgrade my Engine to V10 ? is it doable ?? if yes ? do anyone knows a trusted dealer that i could get the engine from ?

Thx

·
Registered
857 Posts
You could add a V10 but I would think that you would need to upgrade a bit more than just the engine bay, the R5 was the work horse model so unlike the V6's there are a lot of uncommon parts with the higher spec Touaregs.
Oh BTW posting your location may provide some helpful replies, as this site is dominated by American's that don't have R5 2.5 models

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Hi Sir,

Well, I own TREG 2005 2.5 TDI & my engine has come to its end :( ,

SO, any useful Suggestions from you side ? what to do to get my car back on the Road ?

Am thinking deeply to upgrade my Engine to V10 ? is it doable ?? if yes ? do anyone knows a trusted dealer that i could get the engine from ?

Thx
Never build what you can buy...a complete engine with all accessories would be incredibly expensive to buy, and you don't have the brakes or suspension to handle a V10. You'd basically need to rebuild your entire vehicle.

Just get a replacement R5, sell your vehicle, then buy a V10.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
I would think it would be economically unviable, let alone mechanically doable. Even if you could technically manage it, you'd never recoup the cost. Better off either replacing/rebuilding the donk, or getting a V6 TDI. There's a used (wrecking) Crafter 2.5 TDI on Ebay with a donk.....really cheap maybe to get the powerplant and scavenge the parts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts