Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still idly checking around for an extended warranty on my MY13 Treg, and have 2 quotes, one from Swann and the other from Avea.
Has anyone had any experience with either of these? Be glad to hear of it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Our R50 is currently with Swann for extended, exrended warranty until 200,000 km or 4 years from buying the policy. Had 1 claim so far which they sorted out with no issues. John

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just received another quote from Stratton. They are introducing a warranty underwritten by Lloyds and have reduced the price for a 4 year , 200,000 km. warranty from around $3300 to just under $1600. (This is pretty cheap cf. the others.) They went to great pains to say that it completely follows the manufactures warranty. Has anyone had any experience with Stratton?
I hear that Allianz and Swann are the best, but are also more expensive. I'm sort of torn between the adage, you get what you pay for, vs. the half price, longer term warranties offered by others. Opinions, anyone?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hi Tim,

I had the VW Allianz extended 3 warranty when my manufacturers warranty ran out, no issues with them and I would have renewed for a further 3 years had it been available.
I did get a quote from Swann but ended up not taking cover at all as there were too many holes in the policy document for me to be comfortable with.

I'm curious what Allianz is quoting now for 3 year/80km extended cover (if they still offer it).

TonyB

Reactions: TimWhit

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Stratton is a broker of finance etc so the policy is not actually theirs i would imagine. if underwritten by Lloyds, should be safe but get the PDS and have a read. John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts