Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a new compressor from "suspension masters". In preparing to install it I notice that the "brown line" port on the cylinder head has not been drilled thru nor tapped. Have any of you run into this issue? Is it just a manufacturing flaw or was it done intentionally, perhaps do to unit be used in different applications (Porsche, Audi,Touareg) and requiring unique tap sizing. If so, does anyone know the correct hole and tap size for the 2005 Touareg?

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Wouldn't have thought there were DIY ports to drill and tap!

More likely it is the wrong item for your car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a plumbing diagram for the air suspension components on a 2005
Touareg. I am particularly interested in the function and routing of the "brown line" from the compressor head to ??????

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
On my 2008, the brown line delivers pressure from the pump. I suspect it goes to the solenoid junction block or directly to the reservoir tank(s). I never really looked when I was under there. What I *do* know is that if that line blows, you will eventually lose all pressure in all 4 corners. :- /

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "brown line" goes from the compressor cylinder head to the 'tire fill" port just below the front of the right front passenger seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts