Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Picked up a '08 R50 in Biscay Blue with only 26,000km two days ago :). I also have a fully optioned '04 V10 in black that still goes very hard even though it's got a hefty 285,000km on the clock. (It's now for sale.)
I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some advice on where to find a great mechanic in my general area (say 200km) and also share my experiences along the way.

TIA,
Rob

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Rare motor with even rarer mileage!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Wow! Steve beat me to it. You'll see on the link that he posted that the esteemed gentleman known on here as Dubby has listed one in Ipswich. He used to have 4 more cylinders in his previous Treg.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Wow! Steve beat me to it. You'll see on the link that he posted that the esteemed gentleman known on here as Dubby has listed one in Ipswich. He used to have 4 more cylinders in his previous Treg.
Hi Gazza. Rob, the Ipswich connection (aka Dipsh!t) was just the dealer. Suggest you PM Schootsie if he doesn't post here... which I expect him to do pretty soon.
Also an R50 owner and resident in Tanawah (Sunny Coast for Mexi's etc).
Spotted one recently with that sort of mileage - probably the same one.
Congrats. Cheers, Dub

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,
It's really great to find such a forum for Touareg owners.

I couldn't believe it either & thought was going to be something more to it e.g. Repaired write-off or flood, something bad anyway. But no, all the services done via time, some only had 2k between them.
And not a scratch on the vehicle anywhere including underneath. The only evidence that it's ever been used is the telltale creases in the leather seats where you put weight on it when you get in & out.
Drives as new and everything works perfectly.
Saw it originally on carsales. (I only just nabbed it to, there was a fellow from Ipswich who sent someone down there to check it out for him & tried to buy it just after I put the deposit down. Lucky.)
Anyway thanks again for the welcome.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Did someone call me? Welcome Rob, I'm sure you'll find a great deal of useful info and really nice people on the site. You know you have become one of VERY few R50 owners in Oz. It'll be interesting seeing a second blue R50 in the area. There is supposed to be a black one residing up here too which I have only seen once about a year ago. Since you can't as yet send personal messages I will send you one with contact info if you're interested.
Enjoy the ride. Cheers, John

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jim, only got it last Friday but funnily enough I've driven it everyday except today (Sunday) lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi All,
Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone, this is an awesome forum. I'm in I.T. & am used to mostly not very helpful or friendly forums Ha. This is a very pleasant change
Schootsie has offered to plug the Ross Tech Vag tool into my R50 and check it out. (Not that there's anything wrong that I can tell but it will be interesting. I'm really keen to learn as much as I can about the car.
Plus I've got a small full warranty from the dealer and if there's anything wrong it'd be great to pick it up now before it runs out.
Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
576 Posts
Goodonya Rob. Yeah there's some top people on here. Even those guys north of the border aren't bad either. Look fwd to seeing yr R50 at a Treg GTG one day.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look fwd to seeing yr R50 at a Treg GTG one day.
Cheers Gazza,
Can't wait, saw the thread on this years & it looked like an awesome location. (I've never even seen snow let alone driven an R50 through it.)
Have you been on many of them, if so which ones?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Have you been on many of them, if so which ones?

We couldn't make it to the one this year. That would have been a beauty with 14 Treg's in the one place. However we have been on GTG's to Vic High Country last year, Trilby Station (west of Bourke) and Eldee Station west of Broken Hill. There have been many others over the years including Cape York (2012 from memory) and many others prior to that. Have a hunt around on here and you'll be able to drag them up along with some great pics. (Looks like yr Monday night is sorted now! Lol)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts