Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Day 2
Great day for driving a Touareg. Went thru New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and 1/2 way thru Iowa today. (That translates to 11 hours drive) Best fuel price today was $4.33/Gallon USD but it was only a 91 octane “Premium”. Luckily I have several bottles of VW Gasoline Additive (octane booster stuff) with me so I dropped one into the tank to help with the octane. Several hundred miles later I was able to get 93 octane again but at $4.79/gallon.

Cloud Sky Plant Ecoregion Window

My Touareg grabbing a drink……
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Grille

Iowa - the State where they grow the majority of Ethanol (used to be called corn) in the usa
Cloud Sky Plant Street light Land lot

My latest Touareg accessory is the Amazon Auto - pretty fun toy. It works just like Amazon Echo (for homes) connects via 12v plug and bluetooth so it streams through all my Touareg speakers and connects to wi fi off my iphone. So, I listened to music and news, and played Mad Libs, and Star Trek Trivia games, and listened to some stand up comedy podcasts too. If you have Amazon Echo I guess you already know these fun extras. It’s fairly new to me and I think it is fun on long trips.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Day 3

Drove Iowa and South Dakota today.

Surprised by an 000 odometer this morning at an Iowa fuel stop. and took a photo. Ignore the trip meter since I never ever use it.
Car Odometer Speedometer Gauge Trip computer

South Dakota had huge wind all day long. Cross wind north to south, while I was driving west so it really hurt my MPG. Was concerned about the Thule box and cross wind but ends up all was fine. I did need to keep my speed down to about 80 and the road destruction areas (some refer to these as construction areas) were 65.

Sky Ecoregion Natural environment Natural landscape Road surface

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
If you don't use the trip meter then how do you monitor economy?

·
Registered
2014 VR6 Exec
342 Posts
My latest Touareg accessory is the Amazon Auto - pretty fun toy. It works just like Amazon Echo (for homes) connects via 12v plug and bluetooth so it streams through all my Touareg speakers and connects to wi fi off my iphone. So, I listened to music and news, and played Mad Libs, and Star Trek Trivia games, and listened to some stand up comedy podcasts too. If you have Amazon Echo I guess you already know these fun extras. It’s fairly new to me and I think it is fun on long trips.
I've been using one for about three years now! I love it.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
If you don't use the trip meter then how do you monitor economy?
Hi VW 4 Life. I calculate at end of trip using paper and pen. Each fuel stop along the way I use the paper and pen to jot down the specifics. A day or two after trip is when I calculate trip mpg.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
There you are gryhnd!

Geeze I thought I was presenting a new accessory for the Touareg. But noooooo you already have Amazon Auto for 3 years! It most certainly is a great accessory tho - love the wide variety of music, podcasts, games etc during drives. And it costs NOTHING per month! Oh wait Amazon Music is a couple bucks with Amazon Prime. Still great fun to use when driving.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Day 4 my Touareg, my dog and I went thru South Dakota, a bit of Wyoming and 3/4 through Montana. Weather was sunny and warm.
Stopped in at the Crow and Cheyenne Tribes Trading Post for a couple hours. For those less familiar with North America, these are 2 Indigenous Peoples native to North America. Their reservation land is by the site of the major June 25-26, 1876 victory over the 7th Cavalry which was led by Custer. The famous Battle of Little Bighorn.
The Trading Post is an awesome place to spend a few hours.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

And they have some great printed t-shirts too. I liked this one. A great reminder of what happens to people when they “trust the government” and give up their weapons. Yep, that didnt work out well at all 100 years ago and it sure wouldnt work out good today (imo)

Guitar Font Rectangle Art Musical instrument

So the adventure is coming to an end tomorrow. Thank you all who followed and/or commented on my thread.
My Touareg will be going into shop for tire rotation, oil change, an overall checkup and a major washing very soon. I love the reliability, comfort and handling of my Touareg - makes up for its “excessive drinking of gasoline”. I cant wait for my next adventure.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Looks like you have had a very enjoyable trip so when/where is the next adventure?!
Hi TommiT.
Yes very enjoyable adventure.
Not sure how soon my next adventure will be - or where I will go. But there will definitely be more adventures, and I will post them on Club Touareg.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts