Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Learner
4,983 Posts
I found this on ClubTouareg somewhere, but can't find the post now:

Not VAG-COM specific, but very helpful For those with the Dynaudio: There is a hidden (or at least not clearly stated) adjustment on the RNS-850 for adjusting the Bass and Treble (not the Individual screen). I was ready to replace my system until I found this. On the menu shown below, if you press around in the middle of screen it will come up with the individual adjustment screen. This appears to be a fine tune screen for the Authentic-Soft-Dynamic-Speech settings separate from the "Individual" screen.

Problem here is the changes made dont save. So every power cycle you have adjust the bass and treble again

Reactions: trdltly

·
Registered
672 Posts
I found this on ClubTouareg somewhere, but can't find the post now:

Not VAG-COM specific, but very helpful For those with the Dynaudio: There is a hidden (or at least not clearly stated) adjustment on the RNS-850 for adjusting the Bass and Treble (not the Individual screen). I was ready to replace my system until I found this. On the menu shown below, if you press around in the middle of screen it will come up with the individual adjustment screen. This appears to be a fine tune screen for the Authentic-Soft-Dynamic-Speech settings separate from the "Individual" screen.

My 2015 doesn't have this hidden screen... I tried pressing all over. Nothing.

·
Registered
726 Posts
My 2013 sort of has this feature. I found pressing near the string attach location of the big wooden part of the that instrument a few times would switch to the Individual mode. However it only was repeatable 2 times. I think this is a glitch not a feature. If you press the button labeled Individual you can adjust it and it sounds better (in my opinion) than the presets.

If you want to hear just how good the bass is download some bass test tracks (message me I might be able to send some). I was amazed at just how good the stock Dynaudio system is and also disappointed at how crappy most of the music is, in that it doesn't use anywhere near the full range of the system... which is why you may be tempted to add to the system. I've found the best surround performance is from Bluetooth or SD card digital music (where it can process the sound and create pseudo-surround sound). The best sounds seem to come from individual tracks that have had EQ filters applied or have true bass content (such as bass test tracks).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Backup camera - stay on

Lifted from a post on the T2. I did this on my 2011 T3 today and it worked as expected. I'm not sure if the code was newer or older, but there was a stored backup camera calibration code in the module. Everything still seemed to work as before. Bit 6 goes from 1 to 0, or as described in the original post (refers to the second digit, which is accurate counting from the left, vagcom starts with the high-order bit on the left, which is, technically speaking, bit 7).

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtktm
Can you tell us the address and module coding you updated so we can do the same?

Please?
Module 6c (Backup Camera) 0010001 is the new coding. it was 0110001 (the second digit is 0 for ROW and 1 for US)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Lifted from a post on the T2. I did this on my 2011 T3 today and it worked as expected. I'm not sure if the code was newer or older, but there was a stored backup camera calibration code in the module. Everything still seemed to work as before. Bit 6 goes from 1 to 0, or as described in the original post (refers to the second digit, which is accurate counting from the left, vagcom starts with the high-order bit on the left, which is, technically speaking, bit 7).

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtktm
Can you tell us the address and module coding you updated so we can do the same?

Please?
Module 6c (Backup Camera) 0010001 is the new coding. it was 0110001 (the second digit is 0 for ROW and 1 for US)

What exactly does this do?

·
Learner
4,983 Posts
does anyone know how to enable the cameras instead of getting the pdc on the nav screen on rns 850 as the Touareg comes close to any object?
I've seen this on other cars and I reckon its much better than the default in the touareg where instead you have to press the camera button

·
Registered
11 Posts
recode T3 backup camera for ROW to allow it to stay on briefly after reversing

What exactly does this do?
Sorry, I could have been more clear. It was in the post title.

This is re-coding the camera for rest-of-world operation from US-specific operation and causes the camera to stay on for a period after shifting out of reverse, rather than turning off immediately.

Matt

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
644 Posts
All this which is great... and yet... no one has figured out how to change the comfort blinks from the preset 3. I remain hopeful.
And yes... I have searched around and found no way myself.... unfortunately.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
644 Posts
Sorry, I could have been more clear. It was in the post title.

This is re-coding the camera for rest-of-world operation from US-specific operation and causes the camera to stay on for a period after shifting out of reverse, rather than turning off immediately.

Matt

Aside from knowing if the Zombies are able to keep up with your ride... what would be the need for this?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Aside from knowing if the Zombies are able to keep up with your ride... what would be the need for this?
Once I install my quad turbo setup with a stage 15 custom tune and rear locking diff, I will use it to monitor the 300 ft dual burnout marks I'll be leaving every time I stomp it after reversing.

Jealousy won't get you anywhere! :grin2:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Once I install my quad turbo setup with a stage 15 custom tune and rear locking diff, I will use it to monitor the 300 ft dual burnout marks I'll be leaving every time I stomp it after reversing.

Jealousy won't get you anywhere! :grin2:
Alright NTDI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know of a VCDS mod that will allow screen mirroring from the RNS850 onto an external monitor through the MMI port? I have an MMI to USB cable but I think that port is generally used for signal inputting not vice versa. Thanks.

·
Registered
14' VW Touareg Execline R-line TDI
13 Posts
How do I find security access codes if it does not display on VCDS?
Example:
17 - instruments/security access - 16

41 - 57 of 57 Posts