Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Trdltly sorry i got you wrong
I would have to guess, but thinking yes based on the info in the link.

Also note that there is an "Edit" button so you can edit posts for a very short time.... unless you are just trying to get to 15 posts. ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Time
[Adaptation 10] - Drop Down List-> Select and change:
-Source for Synchronization of time - Select Manual or GPS

I tried this on my '11 and after hitting do it, it says value can't be saved and to change the value or some message to that effect. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey trdltly,
You bet I need 15 posts to get to yrktreg for his TCM fix (times two) but I’m enjoying the endless information you have directed me to about our machines.
Some of these threads can get very entertaining too!
Thanks for your input and experience
Painless

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey trdltly,
You bet I need 15 posts to get to yrktreg for his TCM fix (times two) but I’m enjoying the endless information you have directed me to about our machines.
Some of these threads can get very entertaining too!
Thanks for your input and experience
Painless
We all learn as we go.

FYI... I used to live in Tracy and Livermore.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I wonder if that is something we might find on the green screens?

I've extensively gone through the green menu and found nothing relating to comfort blink unfortunately.
I'm wondering if it needs to be flash programmed in.

I did find in the green menu the option to display the battery voltage in menu options but no matter what # I set it too I didn't see any option in the RNS850 menus to display the battery voltage. Would be nice to have this one too.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Anyone know how to keep the backup screen on at low speed when parking assist is activated?

I find it great to see how far I'm into a parking space.

Also is there a way to enable auto lock with KESSY when I walk away from the car (if so how many minutes)?

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have no idea what you're talking about.
My green menu is in English.
It is already enabled

I'm referring to VCDS, not your green screen. In VCDS long coding, some of these features are listed in German so if you're looking for "comfort blinks" you won't see it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The interface has changed significantly from what I remember it being years ago. I'll have to dig deeper and find some older threads on other forums I'm a member at discussing getting this setting to work on much older TDIs. What I was expecting to see was a long list of "features" that could be configured albeit they were in German language.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm referring to VCDS, not your green screen. In VCDS long coding, some of these features are listed in German so if you're looking for "comfort blinks" you won't see it.

Weird. I've never noticed anything in German while long coding in different modules. Maybe I missed that.
I could just look for komfort blinzeln in any of the bits, unless it's listed under a different name.

·
Learner
4,660 Posts

Weird. I've never noticed anything in German while long coding in different modules. Maybe I missed that.
I could just look for komfort blinzeln in any of the bits, unless it's listed under a different name.

Coding for 09 was originally only in german for 7P

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just finished adding some features:

DynAudio sound profile activation
Comfort rollup/rolldown
Seat belt chime disable

I am actually blown away by the sound enhancement from the DyanAudio sound profile... It is night and day from the stock profile. If you have not done this mod yet, I would put it at the top of your list! Initially the sound was very thin and tinny, now it sounds much more full and robust with a much better low end. I was thinking about putting in new speakers etc but this simple change has curbed that idea.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
For those with the Dynaudio

I found this on ClubTouareg somewhere, but can't find the post now:

Not VAG-COM specific, but very helpful For those with the Dynaudio: There is a hidden (or at least not clearly stated) adjustment on the RNS-850 for adjusting the Bass and Treble (not the Individual screen). I was ready to replace my system until I found this. On the menu shown below, if you press around in the middle of screen it will come up with the individual adjustment screen. This appears to be a fine tune screen for the Authentic-Soft-Dynamic-Speech settings separate from the "Individual" screen.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts