Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been a thought by many, but nothing was created. Now we can start a repository for all things VAG-COM for the 7P Touareg. Searching is always an option, but having a central location to find the most pertinent information would be helpful to everyone.

Going off of Noobytoogy’s Signature:
VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]​

Seat Belt Warning Disable
[Select]
[17-Instruments]
[Coding]
[Long Coding Helper]
One of the drop-downs for Byte 00, you should have options, one of which should be:
"Seat Belt Warning inactive"​

*Remember to always write down or take a picture prior to making even then simplest changes.

Other Points of Reference:

Ross-Tech Wiki

T1 - https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f80/summary-of-vag-com-tweaks-for-the-touareg-t1-2004-2007-a-22216.html
T2 - https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f80/summary-of-vag-com-tweaks-for-the-touareg-t2-2007-5-2009-a-22432.html

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
  • RNS-850 hidden (Green) menu activation - Module 5F, 10 Adaptation, Channel 6, set 1 instead of 0. then press SETUP + CAR for several seconds.
  • Bluetooth activation
  • Webasto (in fact it is Eberspacher) activation (if physically installed)
  • Video in motion activation - Module 5F - Adaptation - Channel 6 - to 1. Then follow the instruction.
  • DynAudio sound profile activation
  • Enabling RNS-850 menu to control LED DRL
  • Service Interval resetting, change of Time-dependent, Mileage-dependent inspection intervals
  • Bypassing speed limit to access CAR settings menu - Module 5F - 10 Adaptation - Channel 2 - default is 15, set it to 100 if you want to setup it while driving
  • Disable indicators arrows test when turning on ignition
  • Change of headlights washers work algorithm
  • Disable rear wiper when put in (engaging) R gear
  • Enable sound confirmation when securing/unlocking the car (if immobilizer installed)
  • Enable Emergency Braking flashings
  • Coming Home/Leaving Home activation and control via RNS-850
  • Cornering Lights control, etc.
  • Add oil temperature indication to MFD - Module 17 (instruments), 10-Adaptation, oil temperature - active
  • Control of Klimaanlage and heated seats parameters
  • Enabling Off-road navigation for Tregs without terrain-tech
  • Saving DVD content to built-in HDD
  • Right mirror tilting when reversing
  • Rain and light sensors setting
  • Air Suspension re-calibration
Reset RNS-850 - "5-finger Method" Simultaneously press - Phone + Climate + Nav + Traffic + Knob

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for starting this keep adding things to your post I see a list of mods but not how to do them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here are the ones I have saved:

Autohold:
First, swap in autohold switch into center console

Step 1. Hit start/stop without pressing the brake pedal, engine should not be running.
Step 2. Open up channel 03 for ABS
Step 3. Fire up the long coding helper, no security access needed.
Step 4. Select “Byte 16”
Step 5. Change the coding from “01110011” to “01110111” in the binary area, don't forget to hit "enter" on your keyboard, then Byte 16 should read “77”
Step 6. Save it
Step 7. Now your TC, ESP, and ABS lights on your dash will flash, don’t worry, turn off the car.
Step 8. Start your engine, the 3 lights should be gone.
Step 9. Foot on the brake, click on seatbelt, you should be able to enable Auto Hold now.

To call up the green parking light for autohold in instrument cluster:
Step 1. Ignition on ACC
Step 2. Module 53, security access 21673, long coding helper, Byte 2, change to 01 ROW.
Step 3. After the module accepts the new coding, wait 2 minutes, turn off the car, then restart.

For those trying to get Gear Display on a 2016 Touareg TDI with 'fix':
Ignition on, Engine off, doors closed and unlocked
02 Auto Trans
Coding 07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 1 (Second Box)
Change from 02 to 05, Binary 00000001 to 00000101

Transmission reset:
w/VCDS:
Click on transmission
basic settings 04
channel 001
press go

w/throttle pedal
Door closed
Ignition on, Engine off
Press and hold accelerator to the floor for at least 10 seconds
Release pedal
Ignition off, remove key
Open then close door

Fix software version error:
1) 5F (Infotainment) module, Adaptations, channel: 'Confirmation of installation change'
2) Note your current coding
3) Start Windows calculator and set it to 'Programming mode' and select 'HEX' option
4) Calculation: (current coding) Xor C9D2
5) Change the adaptation channel to the new code (Don't be surprised if it changes back to the original coding, this is normal!)
6) VCDS main screen, 'Auto-Scan'
7) Check for fault codes on all modules and clear the DTCs
Note that VCDS displays your code in 'xx xx' format (small letters and a space character).
You have to remove the space before you calculate your new code.
When you enter your new (calculated) code, insert the space again and use lower cases.

EXAMPLE (don't use these values):
'1a 1a' (original coding of the adaptation channel)
1A1A Xor C9D2 equals D3C8
Enter it as 'd3 c8'
If your original code starts with zero(s) just remove them before calculating (i.e. 0A fb=AFB).
If the new (calculated) code is less than 4 characters, insert zeros in the beginning (i.e. FBB=0f bb)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good thing for starting this topic, but I have to add some things regarding some mods that were present here:
1. Off-road tweak cannot be performed on newer model, the entire menu has been removed from the green-menu.
2. Oil temperature option has also been disabled in newer instruments cluster and so performing the adaption will result in a value out of range.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Good thing for starting this topic, but I have to add some things regarding some mods that were present here:
1. Off-road tweak cannot be performed on newer model, the entire menu has been removed from the green-menu.
2. Oil temperature option has also been disabled in newer instruments cluster and so performing the adaption will result in a value out of range.
Define "newer"

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everyone I pulled this from the C7 we should be able to use a lot of these mods

newest version provided by niuk26: http://tiny.cc/C7vcds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great find. Since external links always expire or just disappear lets try not to post those because that makes the thread useless. I went ahead and printed the Google Doc and attached it to this post.

Hopefully some of us can try the coding and confirm they work on our 7P models and then POST it into thread with success.

Sure wish the Oil Temp and Boost gauge would work. That would be cool to have. Of course I could just plug in my Scangauge.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
Fix software version error:
1) 5F (Infotainment) module, Adaptations, channel: 'Confirmation of installation change'
2) Note your current coding
3) Start Windows calculator and set it to 'Programming mode' and select 'HEX' option
4) Calculation: (current coding) Xor C9D2
5) Change the adaptation channel to the new code (Don't be surprised if it changes back to the original coding, this is normal!)
6) VCDS main screen, 'Auto-Scan'
7) Check for fault codes on all modules and clear the DTCs
Note that VCDS displays your code in 'xx xx' format (small letters and a space character).
You have to remove the space before you calculate your new code.
When you enter your new (calculated) code, insert the space again and use lower cases.

EXAMPLE (don't use these values):
'1a 1a' (original coding of the adaptation channel)
1A1A Xor C9D2 equals D3C8
Enter it as 'd3 c8'
If your original code starts with zero(s) just remove them before calculating (i.e. 0A fb=AFB).
If the new (calculated) code is less than 4 characters, insert zeros in the beginning (i.e. FBB=0f bb)

Is this for the fault that appears in the 5F module if you update the firmware yourself without having it hooked up to the VW Mothership?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is this for the fault that appears in the 5F module if you update the firmware yourself without having it hooked up to the VW Mothership?

That's my understanding. It's not the method I tried, but I also wasn't able to completely clear my errors. Hopefully I can try this tomorrow if I still have any errors and update the thread.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That's my understanding. It's not the method I tried, but I also wasn't able to completely clear my errors. Hopefully I can try this tomorrow if I still have any errors and update the thread.

I'll wait for someone else to try this and report back on the results as to whether it worked or if they bricked their unit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll wait for someone else to try this and report back on the results as to whether it worked or if they bricked their unit.

OK, I'll try it in a few minutes.

It didn't brick it but it also didn't resolve the error, either.
I haven't found anything that resolves error 03175.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thankfully you didn't brick it.

Since the fault only shows up in 5F on a scan and affects nothing I'm going to leave it alone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All
Has anyone found a way to change the speed at which the air suspension automatically lowers from the offroad higher setting?
Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
263 Posts
Battery Coding:
19 CAN
-> 10 Adaptation
(1)-Battery adaptation-Size # In Ah
(2)-Battery adaptation-Manufacturer #Three first letters on the BEM-sticker
(3)-Battery adaptation-Serial number

dynaudio profile for non dynaudio sound systems
1. Select the " 56 - Radio" unit.
2. Enter the section " 07 - Encoding " and press " Long encoding "
3. Byte 4 - replace the value 01 with the value 00
4. Save and exit

Aux. heater in RNS850
From factory this heater is used only after engine start, but its easy to make it work as a parking heater and activate timers menu in RNS.
1 In Hidden menu check option car/cardevicelist - Auxiliary Heater (RNS850)
2 set option Auxiliary Heater to 5 in car / carmenuoperation (RNS850)
3 set enabled bit 4 in byte 1 of 08-AutoHVAC module. (VCDS)
4 reboot the RNS850

Misc. climate
[Adaptation 10] -> From the drop-down menu select and adjust:
-Retention of Driver/passenger seat heater level. Default 10 minutes.
-Air recirculation when driving in reverse
-Air quality sensor sensitivity
-Store manual fan setting for terminal 15 off
-Store recirculation setting for terminal 15 off

Misc. Comfort
09-Cent. Elect. - Tear wipe, Lights On Warning, Various light changes
Security code: 20113
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper:
Byte 1 Bit 3 – Tear Wiping On or Off
Byte 2 Bit 6 – Dim Wink On or Off
Byte 3 Bit 2 – LED remain the same brightness (1 = Active)
Bit 7 – Turn off LED strip with indicator (1 = Active)
Byte 5 Bit 3 - Set to 0 to disable "lights are on" warning when you open the door
Byte 10 Bit 3 – Enable/Disable amber corner lights in front

Park assist
10-Park/Steer Assist - Park Assist Speed
[Adaptation - 10] – Select Switch-off speed from the drop-down menu for parking assist, set desired new value.

ACC
13-Auto Dist. Reg - ACC Distance Selection
[Adaptation - 10] – Select and change “Distance basic setting” from the drop-down menu.
This mod allows the selection of the default distance in the Car Settings menu.

Seat belts
17-Instruments - Seatbelt Chime
[07-Coding] - Long Coding - Byte 0 Seat Belt Warning active/inactive

Time
[Adaptation 10] - Drop Down List-> Select and change:
-Source for Synchronization of time - Select Manual or GPS

Key Warning
46-Central Conv
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 9 Bit 7 Enable/Disable Key Warning chime

Comfort Opening/Closing
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 2 Bit 0 Enable/Disable Comfort Operation. It must be Enabled (unchecked) for the adaptation codes to work.

[Adaptation 10] -> Select/adjust entries from the drop-down menu to configure the keys and various comfort opening/closing options. VCDS has help menus with each configuration’s code.

RNS850
5F-Information Electr. - Nav and Phone warning msg, WiFi, Green Screen, VIM
Security code: 02002
[Adaptation 10]

To disable NAV & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed change the following:
Channel 2 – Set to 250
Channel 3 – Set to a small number (5)

To enable the Green Screen:
Channel 6 - Change to 1 from 0 then press SETUP + CAR for several seconds.

A few useful setting on the Green Screen menus:
-Adjust the microphone sensitivity: diagnose/settings/tel_settings/Mic sensiblity -> choose -6db/0db/+6db. The default is -6db, I found that 0 db works much better with my iPhone.

-Increase radio play time after car is turned off:
From the main screen select “onofftimer”, set 'Standby delay'.
Default is 10, maximum value is 30 minutes.

- Enable Import CDs to MMI's HD:
main/diagnose/settings/import_multimedia -> Enable "Copy” and/or “Ripping"

Channel 19 – Enable/disable WiFi - does not seem to make any difference.

Enable Video In Motion (VIM):
[Advandced ID - 1A] - Submit the value from the "Serial Number" field into the web address: VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G

Alternate: Use Digits 6, 13, 10, 14, 11 of the Serial number (“-” = “0”)

[Security Access – 16] - Enter the five digit code received from the web address

[Adaptation – 10] - Channel 48 – change to 255 – Reboot RNS

Reboot RNS by simultaneously pressing Phone + Climate + Nav + Traffic + Central Knob.

Trunk
6D-Trunk Elect. - Tailgate open with trailer, Tailgate open with long push of remote button.
[10 - Adaptation] – From the drop-down menu, select:
- Opening with Trailer Detected and choose Activated
– Activate (4) remote key Tap for closing

·
Registered
459 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to change the comfort blinks from 3 to something else like 4 or 5 for the T3, or captured a clear up close picture of Bigfoot or Nessie or ET?

No seriously just the first one, although it seems just as elusive as the others.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Has anyone figured out how to change the comfort blinks from 3 to something else like 4 or 5 for the T3?
I think it is called "Comfort Blink"

Have you tried:
09-Central Electronics
Select function 10 - Adaptation
In the adaptation window, select channel 02.
Note the stored value (should be 3).
Set the new value to x (x being the number of flashes you desire), and test the output.
Once test has run successfully, hit SAVE, then DONE.​

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think it is called "Comfort Blink"

Have you tried:
09-Central Electronics
Select function 10 - Adaptation
In the adaptation window, select channel 02.
Note the stored value (should be 3).
Set the new value to x (x being the number of flashes you desire), and test the output.
Once test has run successfully, hit SAVE, then DONE.​

I think I wrote it correctly grammar wise.

Either way that doesn't exist for the T3, only on previous generations.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think I wrote it correctly grammar wise.

Either way that doesn't exist for the T3, only on previous generations.
Yes you did write it correctly. For some reason I did not see that in the initial post. I am running 19+ beta version of VCDS, so I will try to dig around.

LoL... you have been working on this one for a while - https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f95/cool-t3-feature-88131-7.html#post2009323

And over on OBDeleven's forum. I wonder if that is something we might find on the green screens?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
17 Participants
NTDI
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing