Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
No coding required on my Car was an option via MFD.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I coded my instruments to Europe from USA. I had the radio turned off while doing the coding. The presets were never lost and the FM change is not .1mhz. Not a big deal. I was just looking to have the alt speed option on the MFD which it does now!

2009 T2 V6 Lux.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I coded my instruments to Europe from USA. I had the radio turned off while doing the coding. The presets were never lost and the FM change is not .1mhz. Not a big deal. I was just looking to have the alt speed option on the MFD which it does now! 2009 T2 V6 Lux.
Loosing the presets wasn't a big deal because I gained RDS capability. The info from the radio stations like artist and song being played is pretty cool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there a way of displaying the GPS speed (ie true speed) rather than the speedometer speed (which is 7% fast by law here)?

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Not sure with a T3 but you can't do this with a T2 and an RNS510. However I have the Fiscon Bluetooth and it has an options screen in the MFD that gives GPS speed.

Stuart..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Stuart, not a lot of info here on the T3. Should I maybe start a new thread?
Mind you the US is asleep right now, or should be. Or would it be better asked in the Australian section?

Maurice

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the menu you are referring to is the trip computer. It displays average fuel consumption, current fuel consumption, average speed but not current speed.

There is a small digital speed indicator at the bottom of the screen but it is "alternate speed" which is kph. I suppose this is for when you drive into Canada you know how fast you are traveling in kph. I wish there was a way to change this small digital speed display to MPH.
I have a 2009 Multicolor display and have changed the digital speed reading from km/h to mph. I found the instructions somewhere on the forum. Changes done was adding gear display, seat belt chime, door chime and daytime lights off. Let me know if you don't find it and I'll search for the procedures.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I have a 2009 Multicolor display and have changed the digital speed reading from km/h to mph. I found the instructions somewhere on the forum. Changes done was adding gear display, seat belt chime, door chime and daytime lights off. Let me know if you don't find it and I'll search for the procedures. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Thanks but I figured out how to do it several months ago.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
725 Posts
Is there a way to get the gear display to display on a 2008 full color ? The code did not work on the transmission controller....

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Is there a way to get the gear display to display on a 2008 full color ? The code did not work on the transmission controller....
Yea, what hottim said. I have tried everything with no success..

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know this an old threader thread, but I am surprised that there aren't more VCDS tweaks/mods you can do.

Some of the newer Jetta GLI's / wagon's seem to have a bunch of changes that the user's tend to make.

Is that all we can do with the T2's?

·
Registered
132 Posts
There's more on the MyTreg site like these. Definitely not as many around the web as I found for previous cars but I think it's down to the much lower volume and probably smaller group of "enthusiasts" among that group i.e. not a lot of people are interested in hacking their car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a problem with this code, I think that is for my mirrors now are broken and no move it.

1 Fault Found:
01335 - Drivers Seat/Mirror Position Control Module (J543)
004 - No Signal/Communication

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a problem with this code, I think that is for my mirrors now are broken and no move it.

1 Fault Found:
Address 16:Steering wheel Labels: 7L6-953-549.lbl
Part No: 7L6 953 549 F
Component: Lenksaeulenmodul 3501
Coding: 0010011
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 428CD227199C762E0B-8016

1 Fault Found:

·
Registered
3 Posts
planning to install the euro light switch this weekend.... do I need to make any adjustments with Vag-com to be able to run parking/fog combo? I had a Jetta and needed to make adjustment after switch was installed... but can't find any info for 09 tReg V6 base. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok so wait, to get the gear number to display, this needs to be coded? I have a 2010 TDI with color display and it doesn't even tell me which gear I'm even in. No P, R, D or anything like that. Also, when I switch to Tiptronic manual shifting, it does not shift up or down. So perhaps my issue is this magnet beneath the shifter that's broken? That's what I've read elsewhere on forums. So this magnet, once fixed should take care of the manual shifting up and down, show which gear I'm in, but in order to display the actual gear number, I have to code this?

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Ok so wait, to get the gear number to display, this needs to be coded? I have a 2010 TDI with color display and it doesn't even tell me which gear I'm even in. No P, R, D or anything like that. Also, when I switch to Tiptronic manual shifting, it does not shift up or down. So perhaps my issue is this magnet beneath the shifter that's broken? That's what I've read elsewhere on forums. So this magnet, once fixed should take care of the manual shifting up and down, show which gear I'm in, but in order to display the actual gear number, I have to code this?
Yes, needs to be coded, not there by default.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts