Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This purpose of this thread is to list and document all tested VAG-COM coding changes for the Touareg and Touareg2 with CAN-BUS controllers and long coding.

Please PM a moderator or admin to add TESTED coding functions to this list.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From user Siberian:

For the T2s, 08s and newer to change the number of blinks:

09 Central Electrics
Adaptations

Channel 1
Change the New Value to whatever you want (I set it to 5)
Test
Engage the momentary indicator by depressing slightly
count the number of blinks and if it's doing what you want
SAVE

It will ask you whether you want to save the new number into WSCxxxx. Enter
YES

You're done.

Please note:

Channel 00 will reset all Central Electric Functions to Factory presets.

Channel 01 and not 02 is the one for the T2s

Enjoy

siberian

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
OK played some more and discovered Adaption Tab now have the 5 blinks. My apologies to those who spend the time reading instructions. Trust this helps the next Reader

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At the request of one of our members and to save some time, please post all related T2 VAG-COM mods and codes in this area. I know many have been posted in the forums and I would request that the members help us find them and collect them here. I will moderate the responses to "trim the fat" and the content to coding examples only.

·
Registered
242 Posts
More VAG changes to the T2 which work (at least on 2010's)

1) To get gear numbers alongside the D or S in the color MFI:
Recode tansmission control module (2) to 0004456. This code includes the
changes of code 4200 - ROW mode with higher shift points, better
downshifting, and hill hold in high range. If you have paddle shifters installed,
add 8192 to this code = 0012648.
Sometimes this works on the monochrome MFI, sometimes not.

2) To turn off the seatbelt chime, and telltale:
Recode module 17, fourth digit, typically 0007231 to 0005231.

3) To allow the reverse camera to stay on for 10 sec after shifting out of
reverse (great when jockeying back and forth to line up with a trailer):
Recode module 6C from US setting 0110001 to ROW setting 0010001.

4) To disable rain sensor from messing with your wiper delay speeds:
Open module 68. Choose "coding". Open the drop box. highlight the second item, which is the rear wiper. This will open long coding, defaulting to the first byte. Underneath, there are several check boxes, the fourth of which is "disable rain sensor". Check this box, test, and close. Delay wipers now default to two different sets of four fixed speeds each, depending on whether the vehicle is moving or still.

·
Registered
242 Posts
...and one more for the T2

To get control of the DRL's into the MFI, so they can be turned on and off as desired:

Open controller 9, and select "coding". The long coding box will open with the current code highlighted. Copy the code (Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) into the new code box below. Change the first two numbers from 23 to 22. Test and save.

Now disconnect the computer and VCDS cable, turn off car, remove key, get out and lock door. Wait 30 seconds, then unlock, and restart. You should now find "day lights" as an option in the MFI.

NOTE: on my 2010 with color MFI, the DRL's turned off as soon as I saved the new code. On the 2009 with monochrome MFI that we did last weekend, it took several power cycles before the switch option appeared in the MFI---your results may vary.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I reckon it's a lot to do with setting various settings based on region, you have things like DRL's that are required in some countries and not others. The other things, people playing around and finding stuff!

·
Registered
81 Posts
1) To get gear numbers alongside the D or S in the color MFI:
Recode tansmission control module (2) to 0004456. This code includes the
changes of code 4200 - ROW mode with higher shift points, better
downshifting, and hill hold in high range. If you have paddle shifters installed,
add 8192 to this code = 0012648.
Sometimes this works on the monochrome MFI, sometimes not.

2) To turn off the seatbelt chime, and telltale:
Recode module 17, fourth digit, typically 0007231 to 0005231.

3) To allow the reverse camera to stay on for 10 sec after shifting out of
reverse (great when jockeying back and forth to line up with a trailer):
Recode module 6C from US setting 0110001 to ROW setting 0010001.

4) To disable rain sensor from messing with your wiper delay speeds:
Open module 68. Choose "coding". Open the drop box. highlight the second item, which is the rear wiper. This will open long coding, defaulting to the first byte. Underneath, there are several check boxes, the fourth of which is "disable rain sensor". Check this box, test, and close. Delay wipers now default to two different sets of four fixed speeds each, depending on whether the vehicle is moving or still.
I have a 2008 VR6 and all the codes work on mine except, for number one on the list, the one that shows the gear numbers next to D or S. Other than that I am very happy with the changes I made with the VAG COM

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
For some reason 2008 model cannot have the gear displayed next to D.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
How can the vehicle actual speed be added to the digital screen? I can not find the option in the cluster setting.
Do you have the multicolor screen or the monochrome screen? If the latter I don't think it is possible. It is already there in the multicolor screen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have the multicolor screen or the monochrome screen? If the latter I don't think it is possible. It is already there in the multicolor screen.
I just picked this 2009 lux package up last week. I'd say it's the multicolor. In the settings of the mfi I only have average speed, not actual.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I think the menu you are referring to is the trip computer. It displays average fuel consumption, current fuel consumption, average speed but not current speed.

There is a small digital speed indicator at the bottom of the screen but it is "alternate speed" which is kph. I suppose this is for when you drive into Canada you know how fast you are traveling in kph. I wish there was a way to change this small digital speed display to MPH.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I think the menu you are referring to is the trip computer. It displays average fuel consumption, current fuel consumption, average speed but not current speed.

There is a small digital speed indicator at the bottom of the screen but it is "alternate speed" which is kph. I suppose this is for when you drive into Canada you know how fast you are traveling in kph. I wish there was a way to change this small digital speed display to MPH.
There is mine is in MPH ?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Mine is MPH too! :)
Was your miniature digital speed display always in MPH or did you make a change via VagCom to switch it from kph to mph?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Was your miniature digital speed display always in MPH or did you make a change via VagCom to switch it from kph to mph?
Mine is MPH - you have to recode your cluster to ROW, then the Alternate Speed display option appears in your menu, which allows you to switch between KPH (if you have a US Model) and MPH or vice versa if you have a Canadian version.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Been so long ago I did it that now I believe it came that way. ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts