Club Touareg Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Did anyone figure out how to get the high beam assit on a T1 without having all your lights on during the day (or all the time)? I've tried the VCDS and it worked, except I hate that I had to have all the running lights on at all times... Unless I missed something?
Are you referring to the six light salute mod? If so I want to say that was part of getting rid of DRL's which then puts on/off in the MFI. Thing is once you do that the DRL's don't work the same anymore. I have to admit it has been awhile since I have done this mod and I no longer own a T1. This mod does not apply to a T2.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you referring to the six light salute mod? If so I want to say that was part of getting rid of DRL's which then puts on/off in the MFI. Thing is once you do that the DRL's don't work the same anymore. I have to admit it has been awhile since I have done this mod and I no longer own a T1. This mod does not apply to a T2.
Yes, I disabled the DRL and then tried the 6 gun salute. It worked great! Until the next day when I noticed all my lights were on still. I've been searching but it appears that you can't use the halogen with the hi-beam unless you want the parking lights on all the time. So sad =\

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
Yes, I disabled the DRL and then tried the 6 gun salute. It worked great! Until the next day when I noticed all my lights were on still. I've been searching but it appears that you can't use the halogen with the hi-beam unless you want the parking lights on all the time. So sad =\
Do you have Xenon or halogen main headlights? If the latter, yes they don't work the same as if you had Xenon's.

·
Super Moderator
9,385 Posts
I have the xenon headlights. I'm not sure if buying new bulbs would be enough of an upgrade. I'm really not enjoying night driving!
I don't remember the procedure anymore, but I know for a fact when you do the DRL's off and six light salute, the lights don't remain on unless you select DRL on in the MFI. DRL function changes after you do those mods. It did so in my 04. Go to the MFI and see if you have the DRL on/off option in the menus. If so, turn them off and lights should go out.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
can you turn off the feture that cuts the motor to idle when left foot braking and acclerator still applied?
I doubt it. That's a safety feature, especially with an electronic throttle. You WANT that to happen if, for example, you stomp on the brake in an emergency and accidentally also hit the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi eweryone..
Can T1 have mode to rear wiper switch on when put gearbox in reverse if front wipers is switch on position ????
And can warning for ice on MFI put to lover temperature,now is on 4C. and I think that is to much....
Big thanx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys.

I have finally got around to plugging VCDS into my Treg.
Seat belt chime now off.
But 6-lamp mod didn’t behave properly.
I subtracted 2 from the code number, but the result was not as expected.
The halogen lamps came on with the low beam xenons, and there was no difference to the high beam.
No effect of fog lamps.

My Treg is a 2006 V10 altitude, UK spec, with cornering xenons.

Any ideas??

Thanks

141 - 154 of 154 Posts