Club Touareg Forum banner

81 - 100 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I checked again before a few of you responded and found it to be functioning properly. It amazes me how much technical stuff there is to know about this vehicle. Some items seem very simple, yet unknowable without this network (or a great deal of trial an error). As an aviator, my experience is the trial and error method can be quite expensive, so I tend to avoid that technique, but I will graciously accept the knowledge gained at the expense and sacrifice of others. BTW, thanks for the intel.

·
Registered
141 Posts
DRLs and Six light salute

I have a 2004 Touareg with Bi-Xenons. To Put the DRLs in the MFI and also have the Six light salute do I lower the Vag-Com number -3? -1 for DRLs in the MFI and -2 for the S-L-S.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a 2004 Touareg with Bi-Xenons. To Put the DRLs in the MFI and also have the Six light salute do I lower the Vag-Com number -3? -1 for DRLs in the MFI and -2 for the S-L-S.

·
Banned
121 Posts
the only thing i would use vag com for would be to turn off the setbelt chime. But 350 bucks just to do that! i think ill just clip it behind my back. Still dont understand why it chimes in park how f'in annoying. But id be willing to pay someone 50 buck or so to do. Anyone with vag-com near brooklyn NY? or in Northeast PA?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My friendly dealer decided to turn off the hi heat feature on my '05 drivers seat. Does anyone know the code to turn it back on? I did a search but come up with nothing..Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You will probably need to recode the control module. Do you have access to VCDS? Go into Address 08 to check available settings.
My 06 w/4zone is coded 0020030.

Hint: Buy VCDS directly from Ross-Tech.com.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep. One of the best purchases I made........besides the Touareg

Thanks for the location and code.

Looking forward to the toasty rump again.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Yes, that is why it's called the six light salute!

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
yeah, try page one of this thread.

·
Registered
76 Posts
reviving this from the dead...

i just vagged my 06 V8 today: disable DRL (now on MFD), ROW (4200), no seatbelt chime, etc. the only thing i wasn't able to do was disable the nav acceptance screen. i set the region to EU, confirmed it cause i had to change my units back to NA but still no go. i read countless posts about it working for some and not others. can someone chime in who's attempt DID NOT work the first time but after doing something different got it to work?

·
Registered
141 Posts
reviving this from the dead...

i just vagged my 06 V8 today: disable DRL (now on MFD), ROW (4200), no seatbelt chime, etc. the only thing i wasn't able to do was disable the nav acceptance screen. i set the region to EU, confirmed it cause i had to change my units back to NA but still no go. i read countless posts about it working for some and not others. can someone chime in who's attempt DID NOT work the first time but after doing something different got it to work?
What is ROW?

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Rest Of World

81 - 100 of 154 Posts