Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see the Forum Administrators make the members Location details and there vehicle type set as mandatory requirements.

My reasoning is based on this being a true global forum, and one of the most valuable forums about, knowing where somebody is located can have a big influence on how you respond to their posts. Location and vehicle variants from country to country play a big role in this. Also the responses will vary with the different Touareg models being discussed..

I am not a big fan of making things mandatory, but these two points have a significant impact in our "global" community..

Stuart.......

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree with you completely Stuart. I think there also needs to be more vetting of prospective members, referring to the disgusting content of ZY PENG who has posted an ad for prostitution on the item below your entry as a response, titled "Installing Rear Seat Covers."
This sicko needs kicking off immediately. Complaint lodged.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good to see that ZY PENG was removed from the forum so quickly. That sort of filth just not needed.

Cheers,
Ross.

·
Super Moderator
9,467 Posts
The spammers are dealt with as soon as they appear. Every forum has that issue unfortunately and there really is not way to prevent it with out making it difficult for everyone else to join as well.

Hopefully one of the Admins sees this post about the user info stuff. I don't believe I as a mod can do anything about that and it needs to be an admin decision.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully one of the Admins sees this post about the user info stuff. I don't believe I as a mod can do anything about that and it needs to be an admin decision.
Thanks for the support Yeti. I think it would be a positive improvement..

Stuart...

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
Location and 1st vehicle model are currently required fields. However, a user can lie on these. But moderators have the ability to check IP addresses including location. So if an IP location doesn't match the user's self reported location, it is a flag when reviewing a user as a possible spammer.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Spockcat,

I was thinking more from a logical response to questions point of view more so than as a protection against spam...

But thanks anyway.

Stuart..

·
Super Moderator
9,467 Posts
Thanks Spockcat,

I was thinking more from a logical response to questions point of view more so than as a protection against spam...

But thanks anyway.

Stuart..
That is how I took your original comment Stuart. It makes sense, but an Admin has to take care of that unfortunately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts