Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Definitely shape the front plate to fit...and yes, it's about as serious as "sticky tape" gets lol

I have personalised plates and when I changed from my '13 V6 to my '15 V8 I just took my time with fishing line and "cut" the tape away from the car by sawing back and forth. Doesn't do any damage and, once removed, you can use bug and tar remover to get rid of the residue.

If you form a full length seal then no dirt gets in and because the tape is so thin, the plate sits nice and snug.

I've used that tape to adhere letters back on (to a Range Rover) and even with such a small contact patch (literally just the 2mm wide edges of each letter) it sticks like crap to a blanket.

Give it a go - the tape isn't overly expensive - worst case scenario you take it back off...

Oz

· Registered
156 Posts
I know you've just gone and spent your coin on new plates, but look at the style below (and funnily enough there's an example on a Tiguan so close-ish) as it brings down the font size and would work well with your black and white theme.

This is the style I went with for the exact same reason: myPlates

Oz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts