Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 V8 with 175000Mi on it, started idling really uneven, multiple misfires on all cilinders.

O2 sensor upstream bank 1 was bad. I replaced all four O2 sensors.

Still get "System too lean" on both banks.
(I also know my catalytic converters are shot)

In the egine bay, there is a loud sucking sound coming from the little disc located on top and back side of the intake manifold, more to the driver's side. When I put my hand over its opening, (preventing air entrainment) then the idling improves.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
PVC .... it lets the engine breath correctly. .... Replace it.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
some people clean .... but you must have patience of a saint and a delicate hand like a surgeon .... otherwise you'll snap the lugs which hold the unit together

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
If it is already sucking air, then it's dead Jim! Time for a new one.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
How to check the pcv fail?

noobytoogy,thanks a lot!
But i am still wondering how to check my V8 PCV.How to make sure that the valve is a failuer or not?
Some tech man told me to open the oil cap when the engine was running to check,I just can not to make a judgement.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You haven't described any symptoms.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
PCV: Positive Crankcase Ventilation

A PCV valve simply allows pressure buildup in the crankcase to escape. The pressure buildup is caused by blow-by around the piston rings.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
PVC: Polyvinyl chloride

The world's third most common synthetic material used to make pipes, bottles, etc.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Ha! That's like the me always calling the MFD [the dash display] the MDF!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
can i use 077 103 245B to replace my old PCV?

06 touareg v8 PCV type is 077 103 245B.Does anyone know can i use 077 103 245C to replace it which is for the VW Passart?I really do not knot the difference between 245B and 245C.
Thanks a lot!:smile2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts