Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are two ways to release a car from P for Park by the way.

One involves accessing a switch on, I think, the right hand side of the gear lever by removing part of the console surrounding it.

The other involves crawling under the car and disengaging the selector. I believe this is both quicker and easier!

Hopefully someone might know where the links to both of these get-arounds are?
I think theses may be of help, they illustrate the first method mentioned.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same failure happened to my 2004 Touareg V8 and this post and pictures from Sveinnlogi helped. I did the same and the fault codes are now gone and I can drive the car like nothing happened. Thanks a lot.

Bergur

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks to the OP, I was able to fix my '05 today. I had the exact same problem as he did, Pic # 2 with the 2 brown wires w/red stripe completely corroded away. I ended up fixing up a couple others as well since they were probably next to go.

What a great thread -- saved me a lot of time, hassle & $$!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, sveinnlogi
Thanks for helpful posting!!
I had exactly same problems as sveinnlogi’s post. And I follow up to solve these problems.

Warning lights - ABS, BRAKE (flashing) EPC, Key symbol on dash, BRAKE FAULT STOP VEHICLE, WORKSHOP. Systems that were not working - No Speedometer indication, shift-lever stuck in park

When I pull up the carpet, it wasn’t just moisture. It was like swimming pool and just covered by large sponge top on the water. I spent pretty long time make all dry.

Pic-003
3 wire splices had been corroded and I re-spliced.

All problems are clearly gone and I have no warning lights on dash board.

Deeply thank you guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Well done. Good photos always help others too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I left my car for 2 weeks in the airport parking to return to the following problems:

Warning lights - ABS, BRAKE (flashing) EPC, Key symbol on dash, BRAKE FAULT STOP VEHICLE, WORKSHOP.

Systems that were not working - No Speedometer indication, shift-lever stuck in park :mad:

Speeking to my local VW Toureg service provider they informed me that there could be corroded wire splice under driver seat(left) due to moister in carpet.
Moister is due to leaking front window seal

After cutting up open the wire loom, wire splice was corroded as seen in pictures below.

I stripped and reconnected the wire splice and put shrink wrap to seal and then retaped wireloom with waterprof tape.
My idea was to try reposition the splices higher up in loom so it does not sit in the lowest point and cause further corrotion

After repair all failure and warning light extingused, however I used Ross-Tech to clear all codes that were if any.

I do hope that this can be a of help for other, ....Why is there not a VW service letter for this :confused:

Brgds Sveinnlogi
So you did not need to take away the driverchair ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same fault in mine Model 2004. Blocked drain under the door sill. Fixed by repairing broken wire splices in the loom front of driver seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excellent resource for repair. T-Reg lit up like a Christmas tree. I thought it was doomed until I found this post. Re-soldered the connections in that wiring loom and back in operation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This thread also helped to fix my car, so thanks.
Short video of my cars fix. Started to work after the wires were reconnected.

·
Registered
2004 - 4.2 w/ Unitronic tune
89 Posts
If you VAG your issue you'll see the flags on the leads that are "open" or "crossed". I just had this repaired on my car and they supplied the printout. You also may have corrosion that has breached the sheath of the cable and grounding to frame unseen by the eye.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am fighting this right now about to start the car on fire, have resoldered all wires completely dried everything out rechecked all wires both sides everything looks good. Head hurt from banging on the wall so i bought a vag com and laptop. i posted the scan over in the vag a forum if inybody can help i am at wits end and tired of bieng down a car. I attached the vag file if it helps. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 - 4.2 w/ Unitronic tune
89 Posts
I have no experience with VAG but it might be advisable to "clear" the data and rescan since you've done the repair. The information provided indeed looks just like mine before being repaired. The issues are clearly identified and if this is a rescan then the repair job is suspect. Take it to the shop before you escalate any issues you're unsure of - there's a ton of wires in that bundle.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,419 Posts
I am fighting this right now about to start the car on fire, have resoldered all wires completely dried everything out rechecked all wires both sides everything looks good. Head hurt from banging on the wall so i bought a vag com and laptop. i posted the scan over in the vag a forum if inybody can help i am at wits end and tired of bieng down a car. I attached the vag file if it helps. Thanks ahead of time for the help.
Your log is still showing a lot of communication errors. Do you have an aftermarket radio, as they are often installed wrong and can cause this problem.

Other then the radio, I would check recheck the wiring. That brown wire is frail, thin, and often the water damage seeps up past the end, into the brown wire under the first several inches of insulation.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts