Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2010 touareg tdi. Base model - no navigation. Basic sound system. Other than CD's there is no way to play your own music. My wife isn'y happy. She would like to be able play music via her iPhone. There is no jack to connect media and the Bluetooth for the phone doesn't support streaming music. After some reading on this site it appears this model has the 9W3 Bluetooth. My question is, should I look at switching out the Bluetooth box for a 9W2 unit? Would this work? I see Bluetooth boxes for sale on ebay. How would I know which part number to order. Would this simply be a matter of unplugging one box and installing the other? I do have a vagcom if something needs to be recoded. Thanks in advance for any advice. Want to make the wife happy! :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
You could pick up one of these:
----
Never mind, if you can use the Tune2air. I use that in my BMW and it works like a charm!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I would lik to try the tune2air but I have no port to plug it into. There is nothing in he glove compartment. No port anywhere to plug it into. :confused:
Do you have a headphone jack in your center console?

·
Registered
711 Posts
You're going to need to buy an adapter from Spockcat (a user here) that you can fit to your radio and then you'll be able to use one of these Bluetooth adapters.

http://www.tm-techmark.com/tri.htm#audio

Or. Do you have the cd changer in back?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look into Grom Audio. I just put one in my 2007 with nav but they have models for all kinds of vehicles. It was around $200 USD for the box, bluetooth module and removal keys and now I can play music via USB (iPod/phone) and bluetooth audio and calling. I love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.