Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blitzsafe has recently released a new product for many Volkswagen models, including the 2004-2008 Touareg, standard radio or navigation radio. Rather than a physical plug that you need to connect to your iPhone or Android (or other bluetooth streaming device), you can connect wirelessly and stream music directly from your device.

From Blitzsafe's website:
Product Information

This interface allows you to play music wirelessly from your Smartphone, iPhone, iPad, PC or Mac laptop.
It also works with any phone or device capable of transmitting the Bluetooth stereo (A2DP) protocol.

• PLAY
  • PAUSE
  • NEXT TRACK
  • PREVIOUS TRACK
  • NEXT PLAYLIST
  • PREVIOUS PLAYLIST
Play your iPod or iPhone song tracks by using the radio or steering wheel controls. Control Pandora,Vevo,YouTube,Yahoo music, or any other music APP. The volume and tone can be adjusted from the factory radio. This interface will NOT lock your iPod or iPhone screen , it allows total access to your device.

Right now I have a limited quantity available and will be getting more. Cost is $90 shipped within the USA. Link to order page: USA Paypal order form

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Looks nice.

What happens when an incoming phone call comes in while listening to music on your iPhone via Bluetooth? Will the music pause and the call go through the speakers?

·
Registered
61 Posts
It mentions that is is not for phone conversations, music/audio only, so I guess music just fades out like it normally does, then you answer call. How difficult is the install? Time? Tools needed?

Also, do you need to disconnect the CD changer to use it? So no more CD's?

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't installed one of these yet to know how they handle the music when you receive a phone call. I will check with Blitzsafe tomorrow and ask them. Obviously the music will stop but I don't know if the phone conversation would play on the radio. I know that with bluetooth stereo headphones, the phone call will play through the headphones. It could be the same way with this device and you would then talk into the phone but listen through the speakers. Of course, you could switch from bluetooth to the phone handset for privacy.

The install is relatively simple. Pull the radio. Unplug the CD changer. Plug in the Blitzsafe unit. Stash it and the bluetooth receiver cable behind the dash. Reinstall the radio. You should still be able to play a CD with the single changer in the radio. Tools needed are the radio tools - see the order page for those. Time maybe 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I don't use my CD changer anyway. I Just keep the navigation DVD in the dash.

·
Administrator
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blitzsafe advises when you receive a phone call, the music stops and you would answer the phone using the handset. The phone conversation does not play through the speakers. Once you end the phone call, the music resumes through the bluetooth.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Blitzsafe advises when you receive a phone call, the music stops and you would answer the phone using the handset. The phone conversation does not play through the speakers. Once you end the phone call, the music resumes through the bluetooth.
Great thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Just ordered one myself, now i'll be happy keeping the older MFD2 nav unit, thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can anyone comment as to the sound quality for music being played through the Bluetooth unit? How does it compare to the quality of CD and AUX?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I think it was pretty good. I had it with my OEM unit, went to a android KGL unit that took a crap after a year, so now back to OEM. I sold my blitzsafe bc i didn't assume i would be going back. Eitherway it was good signal and sounded pretty good. I still like the AUX cable plugged in so I just use it. But the blitzsafe was nice and worth it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can anyone tell me on a 2015 procedure to stream from phone to the sound system? The manual is huge and poorly written/very confusing. I would like to stream Pandora from my phone to the car system. Thanks

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
As long your phone is connected via BT, you should be able to stream. On the RNS-850: Media>BT. I stream podcasts and music this way.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Media/Source/BT

·
Learner
4,918 Posts
Can anyone comment as to the sound quality for music being played through the Bluetooth unit? How does it compare to the quality of CD and AUX?
Here's what i know; music played directly from a cd always sounds better- as it holds more data, about 10 times more per minute than mp3 for example where its only about 1MB per minute( approx.). I rip at 320 nowadays.
Rns850 with the appropriate handset will use aptX for music- you will see the message onscreen upon connection. AptX is a much better cd quality like codec btw.
aptX appears to be superior and will give pretty good quality- i often stream music and it sounds great.
To clarify there are two compressions at play here- first is mp3 or any other(aac, etc)to compress music file then the compression type to transmit that file over Bluetooth A2DP, this is where aptx outshines others.
At the end it depends upon the handset, rate of compression used and codec used plus the quality of speakers-have dynaudio.
As far as i know iphones dont have aptX, sony/samsung and others do.
Hope this helps and clarifies.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts