Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 V6 Touareg executive
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2012 V6 Touareg executive. I've had it for about 8 months now. I haven't had any real issues until now. A few days ago it started making this sound out of no where. It sounds like a squealing/high pitched buzzing sound? Not really too sure how to describe it.

I've been trying to get it into a shop but I haven't gotten any calls back about getting it in. I can only hear it when I'm in the vehicle with absolute silence. It's also more loud when the vehicle isn't warmed up. As it warms up it gets a bit quieter but doesn't go away completely. It sounds like it's mostly happening when the car shifts, but the sound also cuts in and out periodically while driving even when it's going a consistent speed. I've added a link to a video I took this morning. In the video I'm going from a stop to a top of maybe 50mph. You can hear it shifting as normal then the high pitch sound coming in.

If anyone has any idea what it may be please let me know! Anything would help at this point.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
A PCV with a hole in the rubber diaphragm usually sounds like a stuck pig - the squeal is loud and high pitched.

·
Registered
2012 V6 Touareg executive
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a gas Touareg. It's got 128k on it currently. I will test that tonight and see if that is it. I honestly haven't heard it outside the vehicle because it doesn't do it when it's idoling. I have only heard it so far when I'm driving. It sounds much louder in person then in the video.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts