Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Update
The exhaust has to be move back 5 mm it's to far forward. The exhaust is hanging by 2 rubber hangers
VW says the rubber hangers have to be at a certain angle and mine are to forward.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Update
The exhaust has to be move back 5 mm it's to far forward. The exhaust is hanging by 2 rubber hangers
VW says the rubber hangers have to be at a certain angle and mine are to forward.
View attachment 235490 View attachment 235491
So the clamps toward the engine have to be cut off then the exhaust can be moved back and get that rear (gray color rubber mount) to proper angle spec ( Jesus Christ German engineering ) that should do it.
This may not be covered under warranty but they'll try put it through.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Tech also noticed some oil drips where the tranny meets up to the engine, probably rear main seal.
That's covered under warranty.
Deep sigh :oops:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So they have escalated it (after tech support person said check wheel bearings, idiot)
to higher up at VW tech support,
waiting to hear from them. Prob won't get an answer today not sure.
Worst case the city I'm in has an area VW rep so we'll bring him in to go for a test drive.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The VR6 is a strange bird. My 2013 VR6 equipped CC didn't have the 1200 rpm shake but whined like it had a bad torque converter. I was told the whine was normal after 2 visits to the dealership. A neighbor down the street bought the same car and even the same color ( Bastard !) and it whined too. I put 50k trouble free miles on it and just lived with it and I think I'll do the same now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That’s good news. I hope he won’t tell you something like “it’s normal, just use the car when it’s warm outside”

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
So my tech duplicated the shudder on the hoist for the area rep.
Looks like they have pin pointed the cause to the exhaust again. They can set the engine to rev at 1200 rpm and when it's at the range they push the exhaust to one side and the vibration stops.
They have ordered some parts like an exhaust hanger and another exhaust part. So let's see the parts will be in tomorrow. I left the car with them and they gave me a loaner.
Thumbs up so far for VW trying to solve the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hopefully this will resolve it sometimes it can be something as simple as exhaust hanger rubbersthat have stretched or lost their elasticity
Cheers and good luck
Baztreg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Maybe the flex pipe that thing that has the wire mesh around it. I'll get the break down if and when it's all fixed and pass it on to everyone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Update:
Changed the hangers and other exhaust stuff but the rep was not happy. So they have ordered new cats from the US.
Should be in in a couple days.
Till next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2016 Touareg Lux doing the same thing. Please continue to update on what you did to resolve this issue. I getting close to selling the Touareg and finding a different SUV,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
I will.
Did you try putting it in sport mode ? Bet you don't notice the shudder when slowing down. The tranny takes a different rpm a higher rpm when slowing down when compared to normal mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been driving in the sport mode the last couple of days. It's frustrating that you spend a fair amount of good money on a car and have to deal with something that should not be consider "Normal Operation" per the service manager.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Totally agree.
I took this from another thread. My area tech is replacing the cats on mine so not sure if VW knows these dual cats cause issues and is a stupid design.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts