Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Update
The exhaust has to be move back 5 mm it's to far forward. The exhaust is hanging by 2 rubber hangers
VW says the rubber hangers have to be at a certain angle and mine are to forward.
View attachment 235490 View attachment 235491
So the clamps toward the engine have to be cut off then the exhaust can be moved back and get that rear (gray color rubber mount) to proper angle spec ( Jesus Christ German engineering ) that should do it.
This may not be covered under warranty but they'll try put it through.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So they have escalated it (after tech support person said check wheel bearings, idiot)
to higher up at VW tech support,
waiting to hear from them. Prob won't get an answer today not sure.
Worst case the city I'm in has an area VW rep so we'll bring him in to go for a test drive.

· Registered
80 Posts
The VR6 is a strange bird. My 2013 VR6 equipped CC didn't have the 1200 rpm shake but whined like it had a bad torque converter. I was told the whine was normal after 2 visits to the dealership. A neighbor down the street bought the same car and even the same color ( Bastard !) and it whined too. I put 50k trouble free miles on it and just lived with it and I think I'll do the same now.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
So my tech duplicated the shudder on the hoist for the area rep.
Looks like they have pin pointed the cause to the exhaust again. They can set the engine to rev at 1200 rpm and when it's at the range they push the exhaust to one side and the vibration stops.
They have ordered some parts like an exhaust hanger and another exhaust part. So let's see the parts will be in tomorrow. I left the car with them and they gave me a loaner.
Thumbs up so far for VW trying to solve the problem.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
Ok update.
2 new cats installed, exhaust adjusted and it seems the shudder is gone.
Tech didn't see any obvious changes between my old cats and the new one's. He thought maybe the flex pipe could be different but hard to tell.
So if you have this shudder most likely the cats and get VW to investigate, my tech guy said VW has replaced a few.
Also you could still be under warranty which is a bonus VW pays .
Easy test, when the engine is up to operating temp and in park bring the rpms up to 1200 it's kind of difficult throttle is very sensitive if the engine shakes or vibrates then you have a problem. If you take it for a drive and slow down watch the rpms hit the 1200 range you will feel that vibration.
Now you can mask the problem by driving your Touareg in sport mode, sport mode has a totally different rpm down shift range.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts