Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

A couple of weeks ago i had a screw-up and left the key in the ignition with the daytime-lights on.

The positive thing was that the next morning the lights where still shining (dimm), the negative that the battery was nearly-dead and I had to jump-start the car.

So far so good, everything back to normal. But, on the top of my dash (just above the front-parking-sensor-indicator) a red led just keeps red all the time. I never noticed this led before, I never have seen it light up....

On-off, driving or not, alarm on or off, steady red led. Sometimes while driving a short (.5s) off, to be on steady again after that.

Any ideas, its obvious it has something to do with the (nearly)dead battery, but nothing seems to be blocked / not functioning etc.

Just an annoying red led indicator.

Thank you for helping.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
News to me, any chance of a photo?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

here a nice picture of the annoying red light ;)
sorry for the rotation..

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
That's the Martian landing warning light.

·
Administrator
4,300 Posts
That's not a factory installed light, or at least not one I have ever seen in the US market. Perhaps it's part of an aftermarket alarm system?

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's not a factory installed light, or at least not one I have ever seen in the US market. Perhaps it's part of an aftermarket alarm system?
I agree, having the battery issue would wake a dormant old alarm. I would look under the dash on the driver's side for a module. If it annoys, you can get behind the radio and just clip the wires.

·
Administrator
4,300 Posts
Check the fuse panels for wiring add ons for the alarm. Its even easier to get to the wire for that light. With the closing cubby, it can be removed with two screws on the front and it lift out. It should give you access to that light to trim the wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys, thanks for all of your answers.

I'm located in the Netherlands, and i'm second owner of the car. (i bougt it back in 2008 when it was three years young)

The car is factory fitted with a class 3 alarmsystem, I still have the original certificate. (VW type Nr. of the alarm AA030205)

Dutch insurance companies demand a class 3 alarm on this kind of vehicle so cutting wires to put a light out might not be the smartest option...

As far as the fuses are concerned, i assume that VW is not so dumb to actually put a single fuse in which you can take out the alarm system - that would suit a lot of criminals just fine i would guess...

Maybe the alarm must be given a reset?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts