Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! I’m having a bit of a problem with my 2007 petrol VW Touareg v6 3.6L it’s got about 143 thousand miles on it’s been driving fine but today I drove it to the bank that was under 1mile away I stopped came back and started it to find it making a horrible noise now the noise is very hard to explain so I’ll try my best :
Imagine driving down hill with a bicycle and then you peddle backwards and the bicycle makes the chain noise! Now that’s the noise I have at idle and acceleration it’s not a rattle noise it’s literally the exact noise as i explained I took a video of the noise I’ll try and link it if I can! I pulled the code that my cam sensor is slightly out but I’ve had that for a week now it didn’t effect my drive at all this literally just started today! My father inspected the issue and says it’s coming from the top of the engine bay on the passenger side so before I got to VW and get told a need to replace everything but the kitchen sink and sit with huge hole in my pocket does anyone know what it could be or perhaps had the same problem and know how to fix it ?

Thank you
B

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
  • It’s a 3.6L I got home from work and started it again after I checked if it migh of been low on oil ( it wasn’t ) and after idling It for 5 min the noise is gone completely I haven’t driven It yet but I’m still worried the noise might return :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.