Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m Eric and I thought it was high time to join up, after all this has been a great resource for info, And now my garage is full of Touareg’s.
I’m a VW parts manager by trade, for about 10 years now. I’ve been in the parts world since 1994, mostly with Audi/ VW/ Porsche. I’ve had a slew of Audi’s and for back into VW’s in 2011. My current fleet (as of last week) is ‘16 Touareg Lux (wife’s ), ‘11 Touareg Lux (mine), ‘06 Passat VR6 front drive (son #1) and ‘04 Passat 1.8t 4motion wagon (son #2) and a 1973 Thing.
We bought the ‘16 brand new, it had 500 miles on it when we got in the summer of ‘18. My ‘11 has only 65,000 miles on it, and I just sold my ‘11 CC VR6 executive 4motion to buy it. If I can be of any assistance to any one on finding parts or part numbers, or part diagrams, repair info etc, please let me know.
We are now on our 3rd and 4th Touareg’s.... Our first one was a ‘12 TDI executive in white with the saddle brown interior. I love that one. We paid $36,000 for it ($30,000 after the trade in value of our ‘06 Passat 3.6 4motion wagon) and had it about a year and half...When the buy back was announced, we got $49,800 for it. So we drove it for a year and a half, and made $19,000....so we bought our second one, a ‘14 VR6 executive also in white, with the tan interior. I don’t mean to upset the VR6 guys here, ( and I’ve had 3 VW’s with vr6’s in them) but I’m not a fan of that engine in the Touareg. We sold it after a year. We found a brand new ‘16 TDI Lux at a dealer in VA, with only 500 miles on it. We had it shipped up, and love it. It’s Sand Gold, with the tan interior. Our 4th one is my new vehicle, a ‘11 TDI Lux, in Toffee Brown with a black interior.
I’m sure I’ll meet you all in some posts or something, but again, let me know if I can help anyoe

Eric

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice to meet you Eric. You seem very nice. You have a history with VW for sure. I bought a 2009 Touareg TDI about 3 years ago. Loved that machine..it was an executive special order that had all the tech goodies including ACC. I decided to take part of the buyback and upgraded to a 2016 Executive TDI. I love this one too. Still only has 5000 miles on it. I just got a Rosstech VCDS and am gonna start tinkering with some simple changes before I get into bigger ones. I have a steering wheel with paddle shifters I am gonna install once I get more comfortable with the VCDS. I tried to run a map update provided here and couldn't seem to get it to work. Not sure why..seems like I had everything coorrect. I am not the best with computers so maybe there is something I am missing. Well wanted to say and welcome to the club. Its a great place for Touareg owners.

Cheers,
Brandan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts