Club Touareg Forum banner

Stop Start not working

8K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Bosie and Blondie 
#1 ·
My stop start is not working. I know that this probably a godsend but the car is under 12 months old and I like things working. I have read on the site that if your battery is not fully charged it will not work. Are there any other reasons and will I just take it to the dealer. I am asking as someone on the forum may give me information the V8 may omit to tell me. Regards Garry.

#3 ·
Yep, many conditions... Impending, outstanding regen, battery, consumers load, driving mode, electrical faults due incorrect electrical installation, etc etc....and if something really has gone wrong then a scan would assist...

#5 ·
Hi Grant,
Interesting, I didn't have stop start on my 7p V8 but in the CR no it doesn't disable it.
You can have the trailer connected and it will still stop start, the parameters are different though.

#6 ·
I am a brand new Touareg owner. For the the Touareg I own, plus the two other I test drove, the push button never worked. I always have had to turn the key. I can push the button to stop it, though. I will have to read up on it. I just assumed it was a feature that did not work.

#8 ·
checked the thirteen recoded modules and with installation, it all seems correct.
the mapping is different when trailer is connected, it doesn't switch off as quickly, etc etc.

#10 ·
@Singh I guess that VW have opted to go the fuel economy path, makes me nervous to think of having 3+ tonne hanging of the hook and the system shutting off the engine to save a little fuel.
coding this feature out to remember my last setting was the first change I made
It's the first thing I disable as I have a set of lights to let me out of my cul-de-sac. With the type of driving I do it offers little to the vehicle's economy. With Summer here nd air-conditioning requirements it is less aggressive however a permanent fix, or at least a flip in the logic (ie. I have to turn it on) would be most welcome.

#14 ·
No, it's one of a couple of positions on the right side of the 15" screen that is always visible, along with the parking top level control. So it's actually very easy to turn if off from the screen, but a button on the steering wheel would be quicker and easier for the moment you approach a stop and think bugger, haven't turned off the stop function. Just personal preference for allocation of the scarce button space in a CR

#20 ·
I've noticed my stop/start will stop working (or deactivate itself) if a) the interior is hot; b) the interior temperature goes more than x degrees higher than set on the climate control; c) DPF regen is in progress.

I'm sure there are hundreds of other things that could do it :)

How long has yours been not working?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.