Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stop start is not working. I know that this probably a godsend but the car is under 12 months old and I like things working. I have read on the site that if your battery is not fully charged it will not work. Are there any other reasons and will I just take it to the dealer. I am asking as someone on the forum may give me information the V8 may omit to tell me. Regards Garry.

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
5,885 Posts
Yep, many conditions... Impending, outstanding regen, battery, consumers load, driving mode, electrical faults due incorrect electrical installation, etc etc....and if something really has gone wrong then a scan would assist...

·
Learner
5,885 Posts
Towing (trailer plug connected) disables Stop-Start
Hi Grant,
Interesting, I didn't have stop start on my 7p V8 but in the CR no it doesn't disable it.
You can have the trailer connected and it will still stop start, the parameters are different though.

·
Registered
2017 Touareg, Wolfsburg
11 Posts
I am a brand new Touareg owner. For the the Touareg I own, plus the two other I test drove, the push button never worked. I always have had to turn the key. I can push the button to stop it, though. I will have to read up on it. I just assumed it was a feature that did not work.

·
Registered
401 Posts
@cardboard i saw this for the first time yesterday, the push to start button didn’t work with the key is in the ignition.

@Singh hmm. CR is different then, the 7P disables it, so does our Subaru.
Of course it could be a bug in the installation coding 😟

·
Learner
5,885 Posts
@cardboard i saw this for the first time yesterday, the push to start button didn’t work with the key is in the ignition.

@Singh hmm. CR is different then, the 7P disables it, so does our Subaru.
Of course it could be a bug in the installation coding 😟
checked the thirteen recoded modules and with installation, it all seems correct.
the mapping is different when trailer is connected, it doesn't switch off as quickly, etc etc.

·
Registered
401 Posts
@Singh I guess that VW have opted to go the fuel economy path, makes me nervous to think of having 3+ tonne hanging of the hook and the system shutting off the engine to save a little fuel.
coding this feature out to remember my last setting was the first change I made

·
Registered
MY16 R-Line V8 Black (7P) + MY21 R-Line V8 Black (CR)
118 Posts
@Singh I guess that VW have opted to go the fuel economy path, makes me nervous to think of having 3+ tonne hanging of the hook and the system shutting off the engine to save a little fuel.
It's the first thing I disable as I have a set of lights to let me out of my cul-de-sac. With the type of driving I do it offers little to the vehicle's economy. With Summer here nd air-conditioning requirements it is less aggressive however a permanent fix, or at least a flip in the logic (ie. I have to turn it on) would be most welcome.

·
Learner
5,885 Posts
I am from the non stop start era, and CR model is my first long term experience with the tech. Initially I would reach for the disable button but over time I do less and less of it, it's not perfect as it switches off for only a brief second or two at times...etc
I see the merit in having the engine off for environmental reasons rather than what little it does for fuel economy.
I would like to remap the button on steering wheel that switches steering wheel heating on and off to doing the same with start stop, for now it's a shortcut that's sits closeby on the 15" screen

Reactions: gatkins

·
Registered
401 Posts
So I gather from comments on the CR the function to switch on/off is buried in screen menus, unlike the P7 where it is an easily accessible button

·
Registered
2021 Touareg 210TDI R-Line Wolfsburg Edition Pure White
52 Posts
So I gather from comments on the CR the function to switch on/off is buried in screen menus, unlike the P7 where it is an easily accessible button
No, it's one of a couple of positions on the right side of the 15" screen that is always visible, along with the parking top level control. So it's actually very easy to turn if off from the screen, but a button on the steering wheel would be quicker and easier for the moment you approach a stop and think bugger, haven't turned off the stop function. Just personal preference for allocation of the scarce button space in a CR

·
Registered
2017 Touareg, Wolfsburg
11 Posts

So, the first time we test drove a used Touareg, the salesman put the key in the ignition and had us turn it. I thought it was a VW quirk. Thanks to your post, I just went out and figured out I can keep the key in my pocket and the car will start. Thank you so much.

Now I wonder what other super simple things I have not figured out about my car.

·
Registered
401 Posts
@cardboard key fob tricks; ( these work on my 2018 Touareg )
  • Hold the hatch button down to open / close the hatch remotely.
  • Hold the door lock button down car locks and closes windows
  • Hold the door open button down car unlocks snd windows open

·
Registered
2017 Touareg, Wolfsburg
11 Posts
@cardboard key fob tricks; ( these work on my 2018 Touareg )
  • Hold the hatch button down to open / close the hatch remotely.
  • Hold the door lock button down car locks and closes windows
  • Hold the door open button down car unlocks snd windows open
I see I am in the Australian section, but I live in the US. I have a 2017 Certified Wolksburg with 57,000 miles on it (V6, not diesel)

I owned 2 Passat VWs long ago. The door and window trick worked on them, but of course I only remember that since you mentioned it. I had totally forgotten

·
Learner
5,885 Posts
It's the first thing I disable as I have a set of lights to let me out of my cul-de-sac. With the type of driving I do it offers little to the vehicle's economy. With Summer here nd air-conditioning requirements it is less aggressive however a permanent fix, or at least a flip in the logic (ie. I have to turn it on) would be most welcome.
Shift into S when leaving home?

·
Premium Member
MY21 V8 R-Line Grey
87 Posts
My stop start is not working. I know that this probably a godsend but the car is under 12 months old and I like things working. I have read on the site that if your battery is not fully charged it will not work. Are there any other reasons and will I just take it to the dealer. I am asking as someone on the forum may give me information the V8 may omit to tell me. Regards Garry.
I've noticed my stop/start will stop working (or deactivate itself) if a) the interior is hot; b) the interior temperature goes more than x degrees higher than set on the climate control; c) DPF regen is in progress.

I'm sure there are hundreds of other things that could do it :)

How long has yours been not working?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts