Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I am new to this forum so apologies if this subject has been approached before. The stop-start function on my car works ok but every now and again when I start the car, I get a fault message. if I turn the car off and on again, it works ok. This is happening more frequently now and it's getting annoying. Does anyone know how easy it is to fix this problem? Is it something I could look at myself, or am I looking at pricey garage bills?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No scanning equipment. I am a mechanic but a heavy plant mech., so not familiar with car electronics

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you wish you can turn off your stop start using VCDS so the default position is always OFF rather than always ON.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I can turn it off but I like this feature. I don't want to have to turn it off.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Without the computer gear, it won't be that easy to track down, but one of the main potential issues is the
Auxiliary hydraulic pump 2 for gearbox oil V476.... if that fails, the Start\Stop system quits.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Have a look

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have a look
Have you ever change the gear box oil and filter? Why don't you try that first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the car is regularly serviced but I’m not sure if they changed the gearbox oil. That’s something I should look into. Thanks for that 👍

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Your issues isn't constant so I'd guess it's a wiring/electrical connection type. Check for rotten or flaky wires.

Does the tranny act up when you're driving?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tranny doesn’t act up guys. I will try the gearbox oil and see if that helps. Thanks for all the suggestions 👌

1 - 13 of 13 Posts