Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I can hardly turn the steering wheel of my Touareg in the morning (especially after a cold night). It feels like there is no power steering at all. Once the engine has warmed up (after 10-15 minutes), the power steering is back to normal. I had the car in VW dealership twice, so they can look at the problem and fix it. First time around, they changed the power steering fluid. The second time around, they changed the power steering pump. Neither one has fixed the problem; it's still there. The technicians at the VW dealership don't know where else to look (they pretty much have ruled out a mechanical problem with the steering rack/shaft). Any advise or ideas for how to fix the issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i am also having same problem with my i changed the pump and the rack and still
the same whining nose when i rev it and with i am driving it works but when i come to stand still it loses power steering rev it it works but with horrible whining noise but i dont think i have servotronic pump or do i dont seem to have no wires on the rack
04 3.2 v6

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After going back and forth, the VW service folks told me that the entire steering rack needs to be replaced. Apparently, there is nothing else they can do between the pump and the steering rack replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts