Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I've got a 2014 Touareg and I'm trying to pop the stereo out to get a look behind it. I gather that the sunglasses cubby has to come out first but I haven't had any luck just popping it out with my removal tools. Does anyone have instructions on how to do that?

Which leads me to a bigger question. Is there such a thing as a shop manual for these newer Touaregs?

Thanks!

·
Learner
4,715 Posts
Hi there,

I've got a 2014 Touareg and I'm trying to pop the stereo out to get a look behind it. I gather that the sunglasses cubby has to come out first but I haven't had any luck just popping it out with my removal tools. Does anyone have instructions on how to do that?

Which leads me to a bigger question. Is there such a thing as a shop manual for these newer Touaregs?

Thanks!
when you say 'stereo' I assume you mean the display unit, the actual 'stereo' unit and other associated units are located elsewhere in the vehicle.
To remove the display screen first remove the storage compartment above it by removing the retaining clip inside and then lift the front end. this will then reveal the two screws holding the top of the screen
then remove the top left and right buttons with a wedge tool, this will reveal the slots where removal tools are inserted.
simply insert the tools in the respective slots and pull it out, pull by hand from top where you remove the two screws.

yep, plenty of manuals, etc out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Are the retaining clips hidden in the two slots I see closest to the display unit?

Also, do you have a recommendation for manuals? I'm used to the old Haynes and Bentley manuals, but they don't seem to offer one for newer Touaregs. Is the VW erWin a good option?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Erwin download

Thanks. Are the retaining clips hidden in the two slots I see closest to the display unit?

Also, do you have a recommendation for manuals? I'm used to the old Haynes and Bentley manuals, but they don't seem to offer one for newer Touaregs. Is the VW erWin a good option?
I would download direct from Erwin. If you type in your VIN, then you will be able to get specific manuals for your car

·
Learner
4,715 Posts

see here.
erwin

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts