Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a steering wheel defective up on my dash which wont allow me to start my car. How do i fix this or is their anyway i can bypass it?

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
864 Posts
Replace the column. The module is built in.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You need to find someone with VCDS [it's also called VAG-COM] or buy it yourself from Ross-Tech if you know how to use computer software safely!

Ross-Tech: Home

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it in and they said they talked to a vw tech and they said to change out the axis start control module. So hopefully this fixes it...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If it's the steering wheel control module i think i have an extra one for sale still. I swapped mine out. It will work for 2004-2010 without heat. If you get a scan with VCDS cable and figure out it's the steering wheel module i can sell it to you cheap. It's not too too hard to change, requires taking the wheel off and a few other parts but not too hard. Just depends how much you like to work on cars. Send me a PM if so. It sounds to me like that module is bad for you. But do the scan like the others said to be sure!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took it into volkswagen and they said that its narrowed down to the axis start module..so i hope its that, but mentioned to them about the steering wheel module and they didnt take that into consideration...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Interesting. I see you are rather new for postings on here but see if you can find someone near you with a VAG Com cable so you can have someone scan it. An axis module sounds weird, not common. Hopefully the dealership doesn't change that then say, ooops that's not it, here's ur bill anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts