Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to program the steering wheel button function to program radio stations. The stations were programmed by the previous owner and I cannot seem to get them to change. Any help would be appreciated.
1st photo shows the dial next to the arrows and ok button. The dial changes the channels on the radio, but is supposed to be able to scan your programmed channels. the 2nd photo shows 2 arrows that should also be programmable to your presets.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not so sure you can program the radio using the steering wheel.
Try and tune the radio to a station you want and then depress one of the pre set buttons and HOLD it depressed until the radio beeps and the new station will be loaded as a preset.

The scroll button on the wheel rolls through the entire station list not your presets i believe.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am sorry if I wasn't clear. I thought that maybe the scroll button on the steering wheel or on the top of the radio(see photo) could be used to scroll through presets, but I am thinking the steering wheel at least is just to scan all stations. Any thoughts on the arrows above the radio? They were both programmed to presets at one time by the previous owner, so am sure it can be done somehow..

·
Registered
336 Posts
As far as I could tell, the scroll buttons, (left and right arrows) work with the CD player function to skip track and fast forward. Not sure how it works in radio mode, I will have a play and see what I can figure out then update the post.

Wayne

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just took the beast for a drive and while sitting parked up I had a play with the functions your talking about.

The scroll buttons ( left and right) located top left on your stereo will scroll through all the stations shown when you press List, not the pre programmed stations you / he had stored. It will display the station info on mfd which may have looked like it was scrolling through your presets and not the entire station list.

The stereo is set to ROW as I am in Australia, not sure if the USA setting makes it behave differently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts