Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Treg makes a growling noise while turning the wheel while parking. It does not get any better when the car is warmed up. Is there a TSB out there which talks to this? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Have you checked the fluid level?

·
Super Moderator
9,493 Posts
^^^^^This!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fluid level is OK although it is a little dark in color. I know to only use mineral based fluid as per the warning. But the more I read up on this, it appears to be a common problem?

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I had this happen to me. I would recommend only using the expensive VW fluid.

My fluid was dark and the pump was making noise. I sucked all I could out of the PS reservoir and put in fresh green VW fluid. It got quiet for a week.

I checked the fluid again and it was less dark, but still wrong. I cleaned it out again and got about a month before I got the noise back. The fluid now was just darkish, not dark.

I did it the third time. Now the fluid is just about the right color and the sound has not returned.

Two years later the fluid is still just about the same color as new green fluid still in the bottle and still no noise.

And yes, it made the noise all the time, just like you described.

I paid twice the going price (vs generic fluid) to put in the VW fluid, but since it fixed the problem... I am happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts