Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All out there
I wanted to contact anyone out in the VW Touareg community who would be able to help.

I purchase a new 2016 Touareg in September, after a few days of driving I noticed that the vehicle even on a straight section of road wanted to always pull to the left. I took the vehicle back to VW, they say they cant find anything wrong in the steering. They have given me excuses such as its the 21 inch wheels its road camber and finally its indicative to the model of vehicle. I have had three new VW none of those showed this so I don't except its just the way the vehicle is. My question to any one who would take the time to respond, Does your vehicle drive as you would expect it not pulling to the left.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The dealer is talking bollocks as they do often do.
The car should run straight and true.
It needs a full 4 wheel laser alignment and if that doesn't fix it reject the car and ask for your money back without delay.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Did they cross rotate the two front tires, if they are not directional that should be done to see if the pull moves to the right.

I have had tires cause a slight pull, even when new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get it properly aligned using a 4 wheel laser alignment system. My 2016 Touareg has pulled to the left since new but it is now fine after having the alignment checked and adjusted. The camber was out on my left front wheel. It was set at 0.21 and has been reset to -0.21. Looks to me like the factory had missed off the negetive sign when setting the camber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts