Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I fill my gas tank in small, medium or large amounts I have starting problems. It is necessary for me to hold the accelerator pedal to the floor and crank for 5-10 seconds before the vehicle starts. Once started, it runs rough at idle and hesitates upon first driving away. After a medium to strong acceleration even is ok.

Can anyone share their experience and how to resolve?

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
would be nice if you told people the model year and engine in your touareg. If its a diesel, change your fuel filters and get the water drained.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies - it is a 2005 V8, now about 80,000. Except for the starting issue; no performance issues and runs strong

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have access to Vag-Com? Any codes?
I am having the same issue on my 2006 v8 @135k miles. The only code I am seeing is for the Secondary Air Injection, but it was present before the hard start issue started. I did see a "Large Vacuum Leak" code once, but it cleared itself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Found my issue - it was the N80 valve/ EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve VW part number 1C0906517A. Replaced it, cleared codes and set readiness and life is all good again.

I was getting the infamous P0441 and thanks to the info in this thread VWVortex.com - Stubborn P0441 code I got a better understanding of the EVAP system and was able to fix the issue.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
hello touareg lovers :)
an old thread but its still helpful for me:) have exactly the same problem, last 3 times i have refueled the engine cranks for about 5-10 seconds and then starts, i have tried to prime the fuel system by switching the ignition on and off 2 times but it did not help. so i guess it same part needs changing, no fault codes so far.
so my question is where is this part 1C0906517A located cause i can not find the diagram or any documentations about it :) thank you in advance
kind regards, Nikoloz

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome. BTW, just curious, inasmuch as you undersigned both Nikoloz and nikoloz, what is the right way? I heard, there are no Capital letters in Georgian alphabet, is that true?
lol yes its true in Georgian language we dont have capital letters and thats why im not always paying attention to it (i know now im using English so i have to but... ) so Nikoloz is the correct way and nikoloz is Georgian way :))) thank you once again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
FSJ Guy
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing