Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Touaregs start stop system doesn't work when the AC is on. If you just have the fans on, the start stop system functions; in the same conditions with AC on, it doesn't.

I've changed the battery and had the air con regased. The VAG system doesn't record a fault - has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
989 Posts
Nothing's wrong, it's designed that way!

The engine needs to be running to operate the A/c compressor.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
My Touaregs start stop system doesn't work when the AC is on. If you just have the fans on, the start stop system functions; in the same conditions with AC on, it doesn't.

I've changed the battery and had the air con regased. The VAG system doesn't record a fault - has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks!!
Lucky guy - there's loads of folk who hate fart/stop and would be very happy indeed if it never worked again!

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Now here is a programing challenge ...find out the CAN BUS signal sent from the AC to the STOP/START ... and you have a software disable fix for the people, as Nooby said, who don't desire this function.

Have we got any interested Code Cutters out there who would like to elevated to HERO status??????

Stuart...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts