Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bougth my self a 2004 R5 touareg. km 171000.
Injectors and seals where changed at 90000.

Problem:
When I have full tank of fuel, it is noe problem too start. But it "shakes" in 30 secunds beford it goes clean.
If a have under 3/4 tank and is stays for the nigth, i must cranc half a minut ore so. 1/2 tank its worse.
I think the diesel is going back too the tank, but i am not sure where the valve that holds the diesel is.
is it in the tandem pump?
is it in tha tank, is it a pump in the tank?
any sugestions?
On ebay i see that you can geet repair kit too tandem pump, is the holding valve inside the pump?

I have taken a sample of warm(90 degres) oil today, so i fin out if diesel is geeting out trough o-ring on pump injector too engine oil.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Clean the connections on the diesel filter. Wipe with ATF and reattach.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will change the dieselfilter tomorrow, then clean the fittings at the same time.
Thank you wery mutch for answer.
Will come back whit the answer of the oil test tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Therese is 0.1 % diesel in oil. Not mutch.
But Therese is high oksidasjon.
Order filter, changing it tonight

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Changed the filter today, I have soon 3/4 tank.
Soo I see if it starts toomorow.
I think it is cooming White snoke when cold, not when i have driven it. Cooliant is ok, no oil ore bubbles.
Thermostat and pump and free wheel were change 1 month ago. Stays perfect on 90 degres.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stille have the same problem, took 2 (often used too clamp cooliant hoses) clamps and clamped/stoppe both intake fuel hose and return hose. Then it was good.
Then I bloced the supply hose, diddent help.
Now I blocked the return hose.
I think the diesel is gooing from pressure rail too retur rail trough o-ring. Hoping for no crack betwen 3 and 4 syl/Wearing in injector hole. Reading about this.
What doo you think?

·
Registered
1 Posts
cant find a snorkle

i was searching online for a snorkle for my 2005 v6 touareh and i can not find any
where can i find one online or what kind fits

1 - 8 of 8 Posts