Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Subaru Outback I can start the engine while the gearbox is in P without having to press the break. In my 2011 TDI I must press the break pedal. Is there a way to deactivate this "condition"?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Our Jetta starts on P without pressing brake.

Previous Audi Q5 required pressing brake and I got used to it so I didn't even pay attention on T-reg.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Its a safety interlock so people don't run over their family members when starting their vehicle in gear...

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
My 2003 starts without the brake pedal!

Can I now get it to run over certain family members please?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
My 2003 starts without the brake pedal!

Can I now get it to run over certain family members please?
Of course: First tell the family member they are to trust you -- then....:joy:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
My 2004 touareg did not require the brake pedal pressed. My 2006 does.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Cant shift from P without the key, cant remove the key without the shift in P, have to push the brake to start, but dont have to touch the brake on a hill, dont have to touch the gas to crawl down a hill. Lights on when its dark. Wipers on when its wet. It knows when there's a trailer hooked up. Turns off the radio if you've been listening too long and the battery is going flat. And the lady in the GPS says "please" all the time. I think that's just sarcasm. Who is in control???
I think I'll stay home next time and let the car drive itself.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Cant shift from P without the key, cant remove the key without the shift in P, have to push the brake to start, but dont have to touch the brake on a hill, dont have to touch the gas to crawl down a hill. Lights on when its dark. Wipers on when its wet. It knows when there's a trailer hooked up. Turns off the radio if you've been listening too long and the battery is going flat. And the lady in the GPS says "please" all the time. I think that's just sarcasm. Who is in control???
I think I'll stay home next time and let the car drive itself.
LOL!! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2005 didn't require foot on the brake to start the car but after a software update to the vehicle late in 2011 the car required me to have my foot on the brake to start the car. That leads me to think it's a setting in the software. I now have a 2011 and enabled VIM with the VAG I bought. Still looking for the brake setting to disable it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
In my 2013, not putting your foot on the brake when making the starting motion with the key is how you turn on the ignition without starting the engine. This is a necessary step in resetting the Ad Blue warning on TDI's so consider yourself warned if you disable this in a T3 TDI.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
who puts there car in drive and then starts it!
That ain't nothing dude.

How about the story of one putting on the cruise control, then heading on in the back to fetch a drink, and of course the fitting end to this story, crashing.

Yup, I don't blame VW for adding that, press-on-the-brake-pedal-before-you-can-move-the-gear-selector-or-even-start-the-car feature.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
Now what is the safety here?
You can only start the car in park or neutral anyway.
In park the car stays where it is anyway.
In neutral, sure it can roll but it would already roll without starting the car anyway. It is just stupidity

PS: mine started without touching the brake pedal

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Anyone remember what happened to VAG after the Audi 5000 unintended exceleration 60 Minutes PR doozy?

"Itz not ze car, it's ze driver..."

In this case that would look to be Nooby ;)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
who puts there car in drive and then starts it!
If it's possible, someone will do it.

Intelligent people realise that, regrettably, you have to cater for dumbos who are prime candidates for Darwin Awards.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anybody solved this issue with not stepping on the brake pedal to start the car. I have a 2012 tdi lux. It's annoying to step on the brake pedal and start car. Is there any errors, if anyone disabled it. Thanx for any info

·
Learner
4,721 Posts
Has anybody solved this issue with not stepping on the brake pedal to start the car. I have a 2012 tdi lux. It's annoying to step on the brake pedal and start car. Is there any errors, if anyone disabled it. Thanx for any info
Havent tried to solve it but given i can start the multivan without depressing the brake pedal it should be possible via vagcom to make a change somewhere

1 - 20 of 22 Posts