Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which dealership you use for your service and how is the service (reading posts it seems that some dealers don't have a clue on Touaregs). Mine is coming up on 20k and will be needing to take it in, I have only had it since 15k so this will be my first time taking it in for service.

Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Considering you are on the north end of town, you might call St Paul Audi and see if they could check it out for you. I use Burnsville VW, but I am in southwest Mpls. burbs.

http://www.audistpaul.com/service/index.htm

I know about West End (SLP), Inver Grove and Burnsville VW shops. Luther has a VW shop in Brooklyn Park. It looks like the closest for you would be Schmelz Countryside VW in St Paul.

http://www.schmelzvw.com/ServiceApptForm

I never order a service package--seems like those are a profit center. Burnsville checks everything out anyway, hoping something needs attention, and that checkup is done for free. I have them do the necessary maintenance, but do my oil changes, filters, brake flushes and tire rotations on a different schedule. The air filter is easy to replace on a gas engine.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The 20K service doesn’t require immense knowledge of Touareg. It is oil and filter replacement, tire rotation and mostly visual checks if I recall correctly. Don’t remember if they replace cabin filter at 20K though. Any Luther dealership will do. Per my limited knowledge, the VW Burnsville is the highest ranking VW Service Department in Twin Cities. My vehicle is serviced at the Park Place Motors in Rochester, MN (Luther group as well) and they are very good.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I use West Side which is where I purchased it. Haven't had any issues with them but only used them a couple of times for routine service. 30k service coming up in a couple of weeks. Also maintenance should be covered for 3year 36k miles. Don't think that has changed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just purchased a 2013 VW Touareg TDI Executive from Luther Burnsville. If their service is anything like the sales experience, this is the best dealership I have encountered in my 52 years of buying cars and trucks. We live about two hundred miles from Burnsville, MN, but we will go back to them for service as the parts department and the preparation of the vehicle for pickup was second to none.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Just purchased a 2013 VW Touareg TDI Executive from Luther Burnsville. If their service is anything like the sales experience, this is the best dealership I have encountered in my 52 years of buying cars and trucks. We live about two hundred miles from Burnsville, MN, but we will go back to them for service as the parts department and the preparation of the vehicle for pickup was second to none.
Congrats! I believe 2013-2014 models have a 2yr/24 month maintenance free service. Not positive. Maybe it's 2014 model year when it changed. Glad you found a great dealer...a valuable asset. My dealer is the reason I have stuck with VW. Very happy with my TDI Exec.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Id stick with burnsville vw
Ive had issues with West side VW and they have had lots of turnovers in staff in the past 2 years

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up going to Schmelz, since it is closest to me. Everything went well, no issues at all with the service, will be going back for future service with the Touareg.

·
Registered
785 Posts
For what it's worth, I've had nothing but great experiences at West Side, while Burnsville always seems to leave me disappointed. I don't know that you can go wrong at either place, but I won't go back to Burnsville.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good Afternoon to everyone.
I am thinking of buying a used Touareg with the V10 tdi engine and am wondering if there are any dealers or shop in the twin cities area that someone would recommend using should I decide to buy this vehicle. I know that it is a rarer model with that engine. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Good Afternoon to everyone. I am thinking of buying a used Touareg with the V10 tdi engine and am wondering if there are any dealers or shop in the twin cities area that someone would recommend using should I decide to buy this vehicle. I know that it is a rarer model with that engine. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Feel free to PM me. I'll give you my email/phone. We have the same rig, and I'll give you all I've learned here since 01/2013. Oil, service venues, brakes, VCDS.

It was a lonely island -- even in MSP where there are quite a few of us running around with V10s. Let's stick together ;)

Welcome aboard again! Happy to see a V10 owner in the 218! Duluth is a brilliant city, and it's where my wife went to college.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts