Club Touareg Forum banner

St. Louis Maintenance & Service

8K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  iamjustinpowell 
#1 ·
I Just bought a 2010 Touareg V6 from Chicago. Where do you guys go in STL? I am south county, have you guys had any luck with Suntrup Volkswagen or Dean Team in Ballwin? I know that Suntrup charges $100 per oil change.

#2 ·
I just got mine at Bommarito. So far just in for the courtesy check so no good feedback on real service.

I had been going to Dean for my GLI and CC prior. They're ok, but always were very busy.

#7 ·
Has anyone done Brake Pad service at any dealerships in St. Louis? Do they always force you to replace rotors at the same time? What is the average cost for just one rear right side brake pad? Thanks!

#11 ·
Find a shop with a pro-cut brake lathe. They cut the rotor on the car, this removes the vibration from bearings and all rotating parts. They can fix one or all four. If your rotor is too thin, NAPA has Pagid and other brands. I like to do both sides of an axle.

#14 ·
For extremely knowledgeable, no-nonsense service I'll say +1 for oilhammer (Brian at Car Doc Automotive) as mentioned earlier. Based on my experience, if I were anywhere close to St Louis that's where I'd go to get "anything VW" done right and done professionally.

#15 ·
Certainly not taking away from any other recommendations here, but I've been VERY impressed with Kudos Performance Autos in St. Charles (Syd DeVries). Specializes in all European performance autos. He has been helping me out of a very tough situation with my v10 TReg and will be giving me back a totally tricked out ride when it is all said and done! Just throwing it out there.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.