Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am posting this in the hopes to find some solution with my 2004 Touareg V6. About a year ago I had my front and back breaks changed, my mechanic changed the rotors and the pads, but shortly after my vehicle started making noises when I came to a stop, although it did not make it all the time but after a few months the noise became more often and louder, also I started noticing more black dust on the front wheels (left and right), so I took it back to the shop and they inspected them, I was told that maybe some lubrication will help so they did. I help for a few days but then the noise returned, I kept on driving my car until I could not tolerate the noise anymore (by the way the noise almost completely went away during the cold months in Michigan) bur sure enough it came back. I recently took the car back and they changed the pads again (this time they said the pads are ceramic and better ones) but immediately after I picked it up the noise returned and this time more often and sometimes louder. I spoke to the guy at the shop and he thinks is the caliper, so my question for this club is if anyone experience the same? could it be the calipers? or what are any of your recommendations? Any help is greatly appreciated since I am really worry that this is something more serious.
Thank you all in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make sure the new rotors were mounted correctly, as in the hubs cleaned and squarely seated, if there is any contamination between hub and rotor that allows the disk to create “harmonics” when braking, that may sound like squealing or high pitched harmonics

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
MrDazaG
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing