Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need your input guys on this issue.

About two week ago my My16 V6 TDI has developed this high pitch squeaking noise, first it started while gently braking at low speed, so I called VW Sydney City and they told me it's brake dust on brakes and all I need to do is to use high pressure gun and blast them with water. This unfortunately did not work as the noise is still there but now the car is squeaking even while driving. High pitch noise sometimes louder, sometimes quieter.

It doesn't start squeaking straight away, I need to drive it a bit for it to start happening but even then its interment....

If I did not have air suspension I would think its coming from suspensions but that is not the case I think

Anyway I'm booked in for test drive VW technician in two weeks, to demonstrate the issue but I'm just worried that they might tell me its common for it to squeak(brake dust etc) and tell me to live with it (read on VW forums that this is quite common)

If that happens what would be my best defense?
I don't really want to life with squeaking car.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If they say that have them show you on another Treg on the lot... because that would be bull..since yours is a 16 that should be easy.

Should be found and fixed. Could be something simple like a foreign object where it shouldn't be (like a rock wedged inbetween the rotor and splash guard...heck one time I got a wire up in there from the road...made a nasty strange noise).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had the same thing recently. I didn't make it far before I had to pull over and inspect the wheels. Turned out to be a walnut shell wedged in and rubbing the rotor. Popped it out with a stick and that was that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spiegelglatt: not a bad idea to ask them to demonstrate it on another. thanks

Tregster15: I did have a look but found nothing.

·
Learner
4,713 Posts
I would say its probably a stone, pebble in the brakes/rotor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts