Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there’s many threads on here with issues of squeaking brakes but they all seem to be first thing in the morning or reversing. I could handle that.

Both times I’ve replaced my pads it’s squeaked nearly the whole time. I’ve done about 3k miles on new brembo pads and it’s still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is it only when braking lightly, heavily, or all the time when braking? What shape were the discs in or did you replace those as well?

·
Registered
64 Posts
What are you replacing with? Mine never squeak and on the orig brakes at 58k miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Squeaking Brakes

Brush a light smear of hi temp copper grease between the shims and the steel back of the pads, remove the steel shims to accomplish this, also a very light dab of copper hi temp grease on the pad steel ends where they slide and make contact into the calipers. Exercise caution when applying do not get the grease on the friction side of the pads, use a judicious amount. This will fix your problem tc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it only when braking lightly, heavily, or all the time when braking? What shape were the discs in or did you replace those as well?

When the wheels turns it squeaks, sounds like the boots full of crickets if I have the window down. It squeaks constantly doesn’t matter if hot or cold, it actually stops squeaking when I brake

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brush a light smear of hi temp copper grease between the shims and the steel back of the pads, remove the steel shims to accomplish this, also a very light dab of copper hi temp grease on the pad steel ends where they slide and make contact into the calipers. Exercise caution when applying do not get the grease on the friction side of the pads, use a judicious amount. This will fix your problem tc

Thanks il give that a try. The person who fitted the pads did say he used copper grease but maybe not in the same way, so won’t hurt trying again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When the wheels turns it squeaks, sounds like the boots full of crickets if I have the window down. It squeaks constantly doesn’t matter if hot or cold, it actually stops squeaking when I brake

This symptom can be because the pads are still in contact with the rotors when you aren't applying brake pressure. Typically, that is because the caliper isn't being pushed back, or isn't allowed to go back because the guide pins are gummed up or rusted. It can be overlooked when just putting on new pads, which the application of grease on the back of the clips and pads wouldn't fix a problem with the guide pins. The trick is going to see which one is doing it, because even though it can be loud, it probably is only one brake doing it.

·
Registered
824 Posts
You might be dragging a brake pad, Do have a lot of brake dust on any or all wheels. My 2012 TDI squeeked on reversing in the morning then went away for the rest of the day,so not the same issue. The new 2016 doesn't squeek at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts