Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Looks like they use electronics to open up baffles in the exhaust system.. usually you'll get more of a whistle from the turbo/blasting air sound out of an open exhaust, but it makes for an interesting sound

I'm not sure I'm into the mustang-ish droning sound this setup has!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had some experience with a similar system that used the " active" element to reduce the sound - noise cancellation. This active element is basically a speaker ( sound transducer ) in the system. I think that is what is in the big round appendage. It's hard to tell how much of this systems sound is synthesized and how much is just reprocessed.
Regardless, it is nothing I'll be pursuing. I just thought it was interesting.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
agree definitely interesting!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Would love to revive this thread.

Been planning for my Malone stage 2, dpf/scr deletes, straight-pipes and way down the line 2 new garrett hybrid turbos and a new tune (MAYBE).

Found this while poking around on the interwebs today.

(LINK to product) https://www.active-sound.eu/en/volkswagen/touareg/touareg-ii-7p/complete-kit-active-sound-soundbooster-app-control-vw-touareg-7p

(Link to another video)

Apparently not one of my TDI fanatic friends or any of my friends who own shops have heard of it. Kinda really want it just to see how it sounds. I think it sounds absolutely amazing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
SneillMcGowan
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing