Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anyone know if theres anyway you can keep yr treg in the "special terrain level", without it being overridden when the car reaches 20klms ? be great to keep that clearance at higher speeds

Some of the electronics can be very restrictive

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just for curiosities sake, why? I feel like staying in this mode for a prolonged length of time can damage the vehicle.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have not found or heard of a way to do it.

It is probably restricted because you have VERY little articulation in the suspension at that level due to the higher pressure in the airbags at that height.

And the CV joints may not appreciate working at those angles at higher velocities, but that is my personal speculation.

The only workaround that I am aware of is to adjust the overall ride height so that it sits higher than normal for a given setting. This can be done via VCDS and is documented somewhere on the web.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not found or heard of a way to do it.

It is probably restricted because you have VERY little articulation in the suspension at that level due to the higher pressure in the airbags at that height.

And the CV joints may not appreciate working at those angles at higher velocities, but that is my personal speculation.

The only workaround that I am aware of is to adjust the overall ride height so that it sits higher than normal for a given setting. This can be done via VCDS and is documented somewhere on the web.
Cheers, & yeah that makes sense. The extra 60mm is really handy when off roading, but being limited to 20klm p/hr limits where it can be used.

See what the VCDS throws up

·
Registered
69 Posts
Putting the biggest tires that you can allows for a couple extra inches without changing settings. It also allows you to ride a lower setting off road and keep more articulation. Dropping down at higher speeds lowers rollover risk as well. I would like to know how to make ride height changes in VCDS but despite searching periodically for months I haven't found any specific tutorials on that.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Regardless of year, model, wheel type, wheel diameter [17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 inches], and tires, when new all Touareg wheel/tire combinations are 29 inches in overall diameter, give or take a fraction.

The largest wheel/tire overall diameter that can be fitted is normally accepted to be 31.5 inches, thus you will only get another inch and a bit of ground clearance at best if fitting the largest possible wheels/tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts