Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there Club members!

I have a 2012 Touareg TDI Executive edition that I would like to offer to the club. In the title, I called it a special offering! The car is not what I would call special, it is the price of the vehicle!

This Touareg has approx 9600 miles on her and has had both VW services performed on her!

There are no noticeable scratches or dents and there is no curb rash on any wheels!

Here is my offering:

Model Year:2012
Model:7P57J3 TOUAREG TDI EXECUTIVE 3.0L AUTOMATIC W/4MOTION
Exterior Color:R6R6 CAMPANELLA WHITE
Interior Color:KK SADDLE BROWN LEATHER
Options:1D6 TRAILER HITCH
TRM TOUAREG MAT KIT - RUBBER MATS (SET OF 4) AND TRUNK LINER
Estimated Total MSRP $59,360
WVGFK9BP3CD005138

MSRP=$59360
Dealer Invoice=$56411
My price to you would be $53504 + $129 DOC fee +$10 temp tag

This vehicle has NOT been titled, however, I cannot use the 0.0% financing thru VW Credit.

I will be able to secure fimnancing in the 2% range depending on credit score and money down!

Thank you for the consideration!

Chris

Chris Farnham
[email protected]
215-741-4100
http://vwoflanghorne.com

·
Registered
487 Posts
This Touareg has approx 9600 miles on her ...
This vehicle has NOT been titled...
I cannot use the 0.0% financing thru VW Credit.
I'd love to have an Exec. After owning 2 consecutive Mercedes diesels, I find the Sport trim level on my Touareg to be a bit underwhelming. That said, I also find the above 3 points somewhat perplexing.

So: Demo? Manager car? 9600 miles on dealer tags? Will it be temp-registered as new or used? If used, is that what disqualifies it from the 0.0% financing? Any provision to sell it out of state as used?

I ask, because new car registration tax in my state is essentially based upon 90% of sticker price. Trade-in allowance and/or down payment isn't considered. Used car registration tax on the other hand, is based upon the difference between purchase price and trade-in allowance. If I'd register it here "as new", I'd have a 6% tax liability of ~$3200. But if I'd registered it as used, it would be based upon the difference between your stated $53.5k and whatever you allowed as trade-in for my Sport. Mine's got barely more miles than your Exec, so - for calculation purposes - let's say $44k trade in. That would leave a tax liability of <$550. Big difference.

Perhaps you'd elaborate (?)

//greg//

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg,

THank you for your reply and candor. I wil try and answer your questions and concerns.

This Touareg was my owners demo and driven by him solely. We do not have a lotman or porter so no joyrides from the staff!

It was not titled as he drives w/ a dealer tag on the vehicle. So hence the fact that it has a new Title/CO

WHen it comes to VW Credit, they only allow a VW to be sold new/untitled up to 6000 miles! I hate the fact that my owner puts usually 10K on everything he drives for the fact of VW Credit, but, what to do, he is our owner!

As far as the trade in tax, youur state is a very rare when when it comes the fact that they onl;y give the tax credit on trades on used cars. Unfortunately, I cannot help on this end!

Chris

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Any pictures?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
13 year vet
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing