Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent my Treg turning the noise up every time I restart the car? I turn the volume down because I want peace and quiet, but the next time I start the car it turns the volume up.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Yep ....

Install a Zenec ....

you can preset what you want.

I've been singing the praises of Zenec for a while but all i hear are echoes

Check them out Germany's # 1 audio group !!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it's not the speed dependant volume adjustment, it only occurs on restart. I'll go and have a look at the Zenec, but I would rather have an easy fix.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well it's not the speed dependant volume adjustment, it only occurs on restart. I'll go and have a look at the Zenec, but I would rather have an easy fix.
Tim
Look in setup menu under "Set-up Tone" there is a "Volume Settings" which will give you a choice "Switch-on Volume".
You can set the audio volume for the radio for every time it switches on.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ewie. I looked under setup, and although there are volume settings, there isn't one for "start up volume." Did they vary it from model to model?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tim
Not sure about the T3, it works on mine (T2).

Check your manual for the head unit (I assume you have the RNS850) it should be covered in there, mine is for the RNS510

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent my Treg turning the noise up every time I restart the car? I turn the volume down because I want peace and quiet, but the next time I start the car it turns the volume up.
Stop letting the teens drive your Treg :p

·
Registered
801 Posts
You can set the startup volume in the menu system of the radio. They designed that feature so people don't have the experience you are having!

I forget the exact screen, but it's in the manual (I know.... it's thick).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I have waded through the manual and the menu in the car, but I'll be damned if I can any reference to 'start up volume' anywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts