Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,378 Posts
I have mine mounted on my roof rack when I am offroad. It is out of the way and not likely to drag when you are offroad (if it does, you have bigger problems).

Even with adding my hitch, I have not given a second thought to adding a receiver mount.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
roof mounted spare

My work takes me from Ft. Collins to Pinedale WY once or twice a week. I typically drive I80 at 80-120 I can not even imagine the sound a roof mounted spare would generate at those speeds.

·
Administrator
4,378 Posts
So I take it you can't put the spare in the trunk? If that's the case, then I would say to get the hitch mount. Honestly, the roof rack solution was not bad at 80-95 mph. Everything is going to sound loud at 120.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
roof mounted spare

I have been carrying it the rear compartment but there always seems to be something else to haul, then it is in the way. Will try it up on top on my next trip if you say the noise is not bad under 100. How are you securing up there? Can you foward on a photo?

·
Administrator
4,378 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Devoman ordered something like it tonight but folds down to give access to the rear compartment. Will need minor tweeking, can post it once project is complete should be trick when done.

·
Administrator
4,378 Posts
Thanks. Life is too short to do it half assed.

Besides, I use my vehicle:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.