Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is bought a 2nd hand toureg and the vendor tells me there is only an emergency spare key which not start it but will only open doors. Is this really the case ?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Could be a plastic valet key.

Go to your nearest VW dealer and buy a second proper key ASAP. Yes, the dealer will charge you $250 or so but that's the cost and the dealer is the supplier: trust me, you don't want to be without that second proper key . . .

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You haven't said which model, what year and where you are in the box containing your user name.

New Touaregs used to have two keys and one plastic valet key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thks for that Its a 2008 Touareg 2.5 diesel, I have just joined and Im not sure what you mean by my username its just one I made up ?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Your user name is fine: it's in a box to the left of each of your posts and in that box should be your Touareg model and your location.

If you go to User CP and open "Edit your details" you can add the details so then people can help you better.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Go to your nearest VW dealer and buy a second proper key ASAP. Yes, the dealer will charge you $250 or so but that's the cost and the dealer is the supplier: trust me, you don't want to be without that second proper key . . .
What's more important: he doesn't want any of the previous owners or the car dealer still possibly have a key, that can be used to disarm the alarm system in his car and start it. So, he should ask the dealership to erase the "missing" key from the start authorization / alarm modules.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts